Universal Heroes Call (by Defiant Development) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klicktock, May 30, 2012.

1. michael13162

michael13162 New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    I was wondering what vengeance was as well. There's health and power, so what could vengeance be?

Great update guys! Keep it up !

2. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Tips: Shadow Assassin + New Updates

Tip #1: Stab and Trap

If you are playing as the Shadow Assassin, the two spells to get are the stab and trap spells. Avoid the stealth spell at all costs because you use up a lot of mana for little effort. However, the trap spell enables you to set bombs that will cause your enemies to explode. This is extremely helpful.

Tip #2: Give the Appraiser Items, and Then Go and Play

What I like to do is give the appraiser items. If the wait time is longer than 5 minutes, I complete one quest. Afterward, the items are appraised for me.

Tip #3: Use What You Find

What is cool with this upgrade is the plethora of green and blue drops. For me, unless I find an item that provides me with an increase in Health Orbs, I use the equipment I find.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Is the shadow assasin a female only version? Or can you change it to male?

4. himmatsj_reborn

Aug 23, 2012
    Ok, I played this game more than a month ago on Android when it launched, and back then I played a few levels, saw freemium crap and deleted. I think based on the graphics, smoothness and controls, I would have paid 6.99 for it to be a premium game.

Anyways, I came to know that they removed the wait times totally after each level. And from this forum, it's apparent they have made more changes in the positive direction.

Can a kind soul point out what the main changes are in brief? I may just want to go back and play it once again. :)

5. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    No more wait times, no more gems, way more money from repeating older quests, few bug fixes, few menu improvements. Essentially it's had a good makeover, and is now pure awesome. Controls beat Orc: Vengeance hands down. The update makes it a must have rpg.

6. himmatsj_reborn

Aug 23, 2012
    #326 himmatsj_reborn, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    Ok, nice to know the dreadful gems are out, but is the amount of money obtainable in-game respectable? Or does it still push you towards the IAPs? What about health potions? Is the difficulty level more fine-tuned?

PS: What do the other classes do? Is it the same gameplay/levels, just different character cosmetics? Or do the characters have different abilities? Are the enemies/quests/story different?

7. shaboo

shaboo Member

May 18, 2012
    From what I've seen so far, the only thing you can spend real cash on are new character classes, so I'd say no, this game really doesn't push you too hard towards IAPs, which is a good thing!

So far I've played only the first five Shadows Assassin quests on normal difficulty, which were extremely easy, but as they have introduced a second, harder difficulty level, there is no reason to complain yet.

Definitely the biggest problem I see with Heroes Call. While without any hesitation I would advise everyone who's even remotely interested in this genre to get a copy of HC and play the campaign once, the situation is completely different if you've already completed the game twice, as Knight and as Wizard. What the game has to offer for those $1.99 you have to pay for the Shadow Assassin, is (at least to me) plainly and simply not enough and feels just like what you called it: mostly cosmetics. There is really not enough that you haven't already seen as Knight or Wizard, mainly because you are are running through exactly the same quests with mostly the same enemies, just in a different order. One unfortunate consequence of knowing this in advance is that it makes any attempt to tell a story behind a character class quite artificial and pointless, as you already know what awaits you. I know that some will disagree and say "But hey, you have a different fighting styles (Knight: sword, Wizard: magic range attacks, Assassin: double-handed melee) and different special abilites!" This is correct, but cmon, at $1.99, a price at which you may as well get two full $.99 games, there really has to be a bit more ...

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Anyone know?

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Female, and all extra skins are equally female. Would have been nice with dual gender characters for all classes, for that extra dose of self-displacement escapism ;)

10. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    Other Tips

Extra Tip #1: For the Shadow Assassin, use the Stab and Trap spells and max them out. The Stealth and Decoy spells are OK, but they cause more problems than help, as they deplete your mana.

Extra Tip #2: So far, I didn't buy one piece of equipment and have completed 26/30 quests in Normal mode. This may change in Hard mode. However, the price of the equipment (purple or gold) always exceeds what I earn for a level. So, grinding to get gold to buy a piece of equipment doesn't make much sense, when the equipment I find on a quest works just as well.

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

I agree I dont want to play a female class sorry but that will be a no buy for me, I still have the wiz and combat alchemist though!

12. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I cannot buy the extra spaces from the bank!! the game keep crashing when I try to buy it...

13. mgargari

mgargari New Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Shadow Assassin crash

Hi all!

I just. Bought the Shadow Assassin, but the game keeps crashing at 2/3 of the Act 4 lich mission when sorrounded by multiple skeletons and using either trap or decoy. This can get a little frustrating and I have to reset my iPod to have a chance to finish a mission without crashing time and time again.

Please fix this as I think the game itself is great and has lots of potential!

Thanks

14. mgargari

mgargari New Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Crashes continue...

I finally could end the lich mission but now I get the same crash almost at the end of the Church of the Seraph dungeon, always while placing a trap.

15. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Any chance my save would still be hanging around somewhere if I uninstalled the game? I'm guessing not, but I thought I'd take a long shot.

16. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    Final Quest for Shadow Assassin

Hello all.

I have a question about the final quest for Shadow Assassin. I am supposed to get into the heart of the city but an unable to do so. All I can do is walk around the city, but I have killed over 200 enemies. How do I win the final quest for the Shadow Assassin?

17. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    your save is still there if you connect to your facebook account

18. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Hi guys. 3 quick questions to help me:

1) I am stuck at the quest to save Sylvia, and I always die when fighting Jovan. Have done this about 10 times. Any idea how I can progress? This is the 4th quest under the cluster called In Dreams.

2) The jenkins, gloves, cloves and crossbow are whose items? I have lots of these.

3) Which is better investment and funner to control - plague wizard or shadow assassin?

Thanks!

19. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    To beat jovan

I used about 5 health (red) potions to beat him. Unlike other liches, he renews his energy, so you cannot use the hit and run technique.

As far as which charcater is better, I like all 3 .

20. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #340 defred34, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    Anyone else has any tips on beating that dude Jovan Lich?

Update: Ok, nevermind. Finally did it. The trick is to get a sword or armour that reduces the speed of the attacker. In my case, I had a sword that reduced Jovan's speed by 60%. I still had to use 2 potions just to be safe. Wasn't so bad...so yea, that's the trick I guess.