Home button not working?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by ninjackid, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    So my home button on my 5th gen iPod Touch just randomly stopped working. I didn't drop it or anything, just pulled it out of my pocket and it wasn't working. It's not completely useless, if I press it a certain way, it works, it's just definitely not as fluid a response as before and it doesn't "click" anymore, if that makes any sense.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this. Like I said, it will work if I press it a certain way, but I'd love to know if I can get it back to the way it was.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #2 JBRUU, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    It's cause you haven't seen Kick-Ass yet and somehow have the impudent gall to frequent the movies thread.

It's a fairly common issue among you heathens. http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/fix-iphone-home-button-delays/ explains how to work around it without seeing the movie, though if all else fails watch Kick-Ass and then try assistive touch. Dropping the device in the toilet also seems to work, but can lead to inadvertent side effects.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Same thing happened to my wife's iPhone 4, ironically she hadn't seen Kick Ass either.

4. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    #4 ninjackid, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    Sweet, thanks guys. The first two tips didn't work, Juhb, but the Assistive Touch came in handy. I know I brought this upon myself by not watching Kick-Ass. I deserve every bit.

EDIT: However, I was planning on updating to iOS 7 this week. Is the Assistive Touch settings the same on iOS 7?

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    That "calibrate your home button" thing strikes me as ridiculous. I think somebody posted that as a joke and the internets went with it.

6. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Same here. I actually didn't even try that one...

7. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Yes it is in iOS 7, and the virtual button is more lighter looking. I use that on my new iPhone 5s, I don't wanna damage that new button :)

8. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Very cool, thanks for telling me!

9. Just watch the movie ninjack, maybe that will fix it.