How does iOS auto set date & time?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by willzeng, Mar 30, 2012.

1. I bought an iPad2 recently and I'm playing a game. In the game, it provides 'daily gift'. I noticed that I can run the game without network. So I switched wifi off, changed date manually and ran the game again, hoping I can get another daily gift immediately. (It always works in such games.) However this time fails.

How can an off-line game know the real time even if I changed time settings? Without switching wifi on, I turned on 'auto set date & time', and to my surprise, the date & time changed back to correct ones!!!

How can iOS know correct date & time without any data exchange? Who know the details? And how can I really cheat iOS? I mean, cheat the game in turn?

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Solution: buy 'The New iPad'

3. eunicesanchez

eunicesanchez New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Enterprenuer
    549 Heritage Road
    Date and Time

It is recommended that you occasionally check your iOS date and time settings for accuracy more especially if you are travelling from different time zones area. Usually, the iOS will fail in changing the time and date automatically when you enter new time zone even if you are connected to the active phone network. But prior to your manual changing of date and time settings, you turn it off first and try to see if that will adjust the time and date of its own. Sometimes, this process really helps.

Change Date

4. My sole purpose is to cheat the game and get 'daily gift' multiple times a day. Anyway, I gave it up since the app might require tokens from the server. Then I have no way to cheat.

5. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    If you have to sign into an account or the game is played online, then the server is likely keeping track of the time to the next daily gift to curb cheating or players getting an unfair advantage.