iPhone Snip and Chu - Launch+Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BillyT, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Snip & Chu is a challenging, retro platformer based on an original comic book IP and the second game released under the LCDemakes brand. To celebrate the launch on the 27th of Feb, we have 10 promo codes to give to touch arcade members. Just email [email protected] and we will reply with the code. Please note that the game is currently just available for iPad.

--------
    More details:

Playing as Chu, a piece of gum, your task is to rescue his friend Snip, a discarded toenail, from the dreaded RecyKiller, a deranged robotic cleaning machine out to destroy all rubbish.

[​IMG]

- Master the refreshing old-school difficulty and rescue Snip from the devious clutches of the RecyKiller!

[​IMG]

- Relive the classic, elegant gameplay of Game & Watch handhelds, replicated via gorgeous, intricate artwork with incredible attention to detail

[​IMG]

- Get to know the wonderful characters of Wasteworld, before continuing the adventure with the fully-realised and beautifully illustrated 100-page graphic novel

[​IMG]

- Dive directly into the challenge with simple and authentic controls
    - Tame your competitive streak - and one-up your friends - with online leaderboards and achievements
    - Supports iCade and 8-Bitty Bluetooth controllers

[​IMG]

Join Chu, Snip and the rest of Wasteworld's quirky cast and discover just how intriguing living trash can be...

The LCDemakes series is about making beautifully-crafted LCD games "straight from the '80s!" Each instalment distils modern sensibilities into the extreme design constraints of the original LCD hardware.

Follow us on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/lcdemakes
    Find us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/lcdemakes

Attached Files:

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Email sent (as Michelle)
    Love the look of this.

3. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Download link sent - and thanks ;)

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Email sent! Love Watchcraft to pieces! Thanks!

5. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Promo code sent. Squishy said to say hi ;)

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Would love to try this please

7. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    sure thing - just PMed you a code.

cheers

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well I'll chime in and say a little about this, I was a beta tested and if you followed the game of watchcraft thread you'll know I loved that game, well this new game is even better than watch craft becuase where as that really looked and felt like an old game and watch style LCD game the gameplay of snip n chu really feels like it could be a physical LCD game, a real high score chaser, looks and plays fantastic and well recommended by me.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep i loved the first game, this is really good and i think slightly better. Its like a very old skool platform game. Would love these to be universal and perhaps show one half at a time but that'll probably be a fair bit more work.

Very impressive, gameplay is great and really has the 'just one more go....' type of feeling. Great stuff

10. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Too kind!

Glad you both enjoyed it - and thanks.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Loved Watchcraft and still have it in my ipad, would like to give this one a spin too!

12. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Download link sent.

Thanks again for your support.

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    You my friend are a gentleman and a scholar! I've always had a soft spot in my heart for G&W style games and Watchcraft was one of the reasons I bought an iPad Air last year. (don't tell my wife I said that) I had just started replaying it a few days ago and then saw your post last night. Played a bit before I posted here (couldn't wait) and had to suppress giggles as I evaded LED deathtraps! This continues the legacy that was Watchcraft and does not disappoint. Love it! Controls are awesome! The feel of the game makes you forget you're holding an iPad and sweeps you back twenty years. I hope there is so much more to come from you guys. Are you a team or a one man show?

Tell Squishy I said hi! Peace and love!

14. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I bought Watchcraft after glowing recommendations from Cygy and EP, very glad that I did too. Pretty excited to check out Snip and Chu, love me some Game & Watch. :D

15. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Thanks everyone for the interest and feedback. We are a 2 man team - myself on code and Shaun Britton on art. Shaun created the Snip and Chu franchise and has been working on it for many years.

Andy did you send me an email requesting a code? I think I have responded to all the requests I have received.

Thanks again

16. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    No I didn't, I just assumed that you wouldn't have any left anyways. Besides, I can be a bit shy when asking for something like a promo code, even when the developer is offering. :D:eek:

17. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    haha don't be shy. Will PM you a code now.

18. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Exactly what we were aiming for! Glad you're still enjoying it. We put many (many!) hours into squishy to try to get that nostalgic feel but with a more varied gameplay than the original games. Did you have gamecenter activated while playing? Few Easter Eggs in there that you might have stumbled across.

Anyway, we better stop talking about Squishy - Snip and Chu tend to get a little jealous!

Thanks again

19. jgainsbrugh

jgainsbrugh Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    May I pls have a code? This looks extremely cool! Will leave my impressions. Thank you!

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This deserves 5-stars. Will buy a copy with my wife's account for her ipad.

I find Snip and Chu a lot simpler and more straightforward than Watchcraft, but i have to say that because of that i think this is an improvement to Watchcraft.

With Snip and Chu and Watchcraft on their library, LCDemakes is now in my list of devs that make the best games on iOS.