Hearthstone gold questions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by StealthDawg, Aug 4, 2014.

1. StealthDawg

StealthDawg Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Good morning all:

Just wanted some others opinions. All are appreciated. I have about 740 gold. Is it best to

1) buy 7 packs?
    2) enter the arena and "gamble"?
    3) or just buy the plague quarter in Naxxramas

I am not what the best thing to do. Thank you all.

2. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    It depends on how many of the expert set of cards you have. If you own a good amount already I would say go with the expansion. If you are new I would say go with the arena. That way you can improve your play and still get at lease talk card pack at the end.

3. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Statistically, entering arena is the way to go. At 3 wins, around 50g reward meaning you buy packs for 100g. At 5 wins around 100g reward meaning pack cost 50g, and at 7 wins is 150g reward or free pack constant at 7 wins. In return, you will need to play a lot, and you should be good enough to get 7 wins.

Re: Naxxrammas, it is cheaper to buy everything at 20usd rather than 700 gold per wing. If you do not want to spend any money, i would still grind arena for cards. Best value no matter what. Good luck!

4. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    I recently had to make this decision. I went with buying the packs. I like arena, and it's fun, but I've only ever gotten to 8 wins once, and all other times usually only win one or two games. I decided I'd rather just have the cards, and continue to play constructed (which also nets you 10gold per 3 wins). If I were better at arena it would have been the way to go, but I'm not and didn't want to spend the time (and extra gold) to end up with the same thing as buying the packs outright.

For the expansion, you get a lot more cards through the packs if you don't have a decent set already than you do for the wings. It you have a good amount of the cards already the naxx wings are fun.