★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mysterious Castle

01-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Not sure why this got a new thread.

I bought this last night and although I've only spent an hour or more with it, the camera is def frustrating. I appreciate the party based system, and multiple classes, but panning the view is overly difficult requiring two fingers. Half the time I'm struggling to get the right view and instead zoom in or out.

This should be priced closer to $3 where it's been priced in my eyes. It's quite rough edged. But if you can get passed this, there's a deep strategy game there. I'll definitely be giving this more time.
01-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Just a heads up, this also suffers some crash issues as well. I bought this when it first came out a long while ago and while it is a good game it is not without its problems...

01-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Game Impressions

This game would be amazing if it were polished up just a little. Specifically panning the view. I also noticed menu buttons on the bottom (gather/solo) would disappear sometimes which I haven't yet figured out why. Also selecting a spot for your character to move to can be blocked by another character or structure. This has been frustrating.

I'll say it again here. This game shouldn't be priced at $5 in its current state. This opinion is taking into account other games you get for $5 or other RL for less. IF it was polished up and issues removed, most definitely would be worth $5. It offers a lot of value (if a bit broken) with a party system and several unique classes and attacks including a wolf. A wolf damn it. Win.

Bottom line: If you're a die hard RL fan and the idea of putting together a 4 class party is intriguing to you, set your expectations low so you can maybe be surprised by an otherwise good game.
01-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Ok, thanks. The reason I made a new thread was because when I clicked on the game in the touch arcade app it didn't show any forum linked to it like the other apps.
01-09-2014, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure if it came up in the other thread, but does anyone one know how long this game is and does it have perma-death?
01-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Is there a main objective of this game. How many levels do you play before you "win".
01-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman2468 View Post
I'm not sure if it came up in the other thread, but does anyone one know how long this game is and does it have perma-death?
Yes, there's an option for permadeath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman2468 View Post
Is there a main objective of this game. How many levels do you play before you "win".
I believe you just construct a party of up to 4 classes and clear the map. I haven't finished one yet so I can't say for sure.
02-03-2015, 09:43 PM
This game has been optimized for iPhone 5/6 today, it's a roguelike turn-based random generated crawler. Very fun to play and it's unique, my favorite game nowadays. The price is kinda high but in my opinion it's worth it. You can pick up loot from enemies and upgrade your squad gears. There are also mushrooms that restore your life.. Of course there are hidden chest inside dungeon. Yeah chest! Who can say no to chest. If you are fan of roguelike genre this is a must!
02-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythan View Post
This game has been optimized for iPhone 5/6 today, it's a roguelike turn-based random generated crawler. Very fun to play and it's unique, my favorite game nowadays. The price is kinda high but in my opinion it's worth it. You can pick up loot from enemies and upgrade your squad gears. There are also mushrooms that restore your life.. Of course there are hidden chest inside dungeon. Yeah chest! Who can say no to chest. If you are fan of roguelike genre this is a must!
Is this game just came to iOS? Seems like an old game? Why I never heard or it?

Last edited by PoloBaquerizoH; 02-03-2015 at 10:15 PM.
02-04-2015, 02:57 AM
? Anyone else have try this?