Game Center and Sandbox

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undergroundH, Oct 31, 2011.

1. undergroundH

undergroundH Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    I ve noticed that all the games that came out or were updated for ios 5, automatically sign me in to sandbox, while the ones not updated for ios 5 , sign in regularly..

Any fix for this ?

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Log out of Game Center and log back in.

Were you beta testing, or something, because that's the only time I'm in the sandbox?

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah I created sandbox account with same email as my game center and everytime I sign in it signs there, but I just log out and sign back to my gc.

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    same with me... Gets a bit annoying sometimes though....

5. undergroundH

Mar 29, 2010
    No I never beta tested a game,

Yes, logging out then back in does fix it, but whenever I go to a game center supported game it logs me in to sandbox again automatically.

6. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    For every single game, or just some?

Sounds like a device issue, but in my experience as a developer it's the game that will trigger this. Not the device.

7. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #7 GoofyJmaster., Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    I've only heard of this problem once before. The person was having the exact same problem as you.

Here's a potential answer to your problem: "Found out the problem. It's a problem with jailbroken iPhones/ iPod Touches. A certain Cydia tweak called A**Sync+ screwed up the Game Center functionality. Only way around it is to re-jailbreak and not use the A**Sync from the hack*.us repository. Google more about it if you want to."

source: Apple Support Community

8. undergroundH

Mar 29, 2010
    It seems it only effects games updated for ios 5, the older ones not updated, works fine
    Yea I've heard about that, only thing is that I dont have that installed or anything related to piracy..