Need For Speed Rivals (by EA)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by barracuda97, Aug 23, 2013.

1. barracuda97

barracuda97 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Thanks for all your replies and activity on this thread. I am really hoping that this game will be available on ios/android :)

2. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    It's not like I was doing you any favor :rolleyes: if there is a chance of getting a good game every gamer will be naturally interested!

3. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    it's just me it's my first thread and my favourite game. I want this to work and I appreciate every post :)

4. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    OK guys, I've done the checking and found two leaked versions of this game, one of which I'm not so sure about, and the other is 90% sure, cause I contacted the author and he sent me some screens which I'm not allowed to post here. I think this game is going official beacause of this leaked version, like Rip73 said, we should wait until nov/dec. If anyone is interested to try this game, contact me :)

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    It won't change. Their licenses are one of the few reasons EA has left to buy anything they make in the racing genre.

Same with the sports genre.. Soon as NBA live went to shit, they bought up the NFL license. Until 2K is allowed to make their triumphant return, football fans like myself are almost forced to buy madden.

EA sucks and they know it. They need their licenses.

There is absolutely nothing about most wanted that's even remotely stimulative.

6. best

best Well-Known Member

Don't bother. It would most likely be freemium

7. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Everyone already knows this.

8. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Thing is, there are all kinds of freemium. Will they try the RR3 formula again? Or...

9. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    It will be fremium 100% like fifa 14 is, hopefully you won't buy cars with IAPs, but with money you earn in the game.

10. best

best Well-Known Member

Well, from what I've experienced, not only IAPs ruin the game, they suffer quality loss. I played Asphalt 6 which used to have no iAps. It was amazingly polished and fun. Then I played Aspahlt 7, a horrendously broken freemium game with bugs everywhere and had bad controls and no retina display(even if its advertised).

back to the point, NFS Rivals will probably be a same ordinary racing game with nothing special. The PC/console versions will be developed by a different company from the iOS version. The two versions will be completely different. I can prove this with NFS Hot Pursuit. I played the PC version developed by Criterion games. It was amazing. it had amazing graphics, excellent ganeplay, you could blow cars up, send helicopters, emp cars, plant spike strips. wreck players, try to make opponents hp run out and play strategically. it was excellent. Then I played the iOS version. Boring ordinary cartoony racing and I lost interest really fast.

If you think NFS Rivals would be good, get a computer and play it on there for a premium cost. Do not expect it on the iOS store as good. Pretty sure developers of iOS NFS games barely know what the PC/console version is like and the game would be nowhere as good.

11. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    By now I don't think any iOS gamer would expect a mobile version to be as good as the console ver. But mobile games have their own merits. Lower price, smaller size and offer a bit of the original game's "feel" when you're on the go. That's more than enough for a few bucks. Please don't enter a thread where people are looking forward to an iOS game and tell them to play the console version, it's kind of pointless no? :rolleyes:

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I should hope not.

13. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    Surely the game will not be like the console quality but we should consider a great game like a respond to A8 ;)

14. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    The last Need for Speed game on ios was awesome. Most Wanted is definitely one of the best games ever on my iphone/ipad. So if this is anything remotely like that, it will be great too.

15. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Dammit.

16. best

best Well-Known Member

I'm not. I'm just pointing out that if a new NFS game comes out on iOS it will most likely be very similar to the NFS games now.

17. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Didn't seem like that to me :/

Well, if it's similar to MW, at least it's not bad. A bit too linear, but still enjoyable thanks to a good amount of polish put into the game (by iOS game standard). I can why some don't like it though.

18. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    I would be very happy to bave a game like MW,with F12 and veneno and cops trying to smash me. Dream come true haha. :D

19. best

best Well-Known Member

I enjoyed MW. Then I look at the console version of MV then notice what i'm missing out...

The iOS version is always developed by a different company than the console. You never know what to expect. I dont expect much since I got a feeling this would be freemium like Real racing 3 and similar to the last two asphalt games.

20. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Need For Speed The Run was cancelled for the ios because the console version did not do well, so it could be the same here.