Asphalt Xtreme - Mobile Off-Road Racing

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fabien_Gameloft, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Fabien_Gameloft

Fabien_Gameloft Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hello Toucharcade folks,

In this thread you will find information, video teasers, pictures, and more about Asphalt Xtreme! There will be A LOT of things we’ll be sharing little by little up until the release of the game.

So what is Asphalt Xtreme you say? :confused:

Let's set things straight - although it is brought to you by the makers of Asphalt 8: Airborne, Asphalt Xtreme is a brand new game all its own. This time we are leaving the street races to go off-road with vehicules you have never seen in Asphalt 8! Get ready for a ride to the wild side on your mobile device.

Talk to you again soon!

Fabien

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Coming soon?

3. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    #3 Fabien_Gameloft, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Yes, very soon. In the meantime, here is is the best way to get ready for Asphalt Xtreme.

[​IMG]

Connect to our pre-registration website at www.asphaltxtreme.com, to unlock the in-game rewards.

Tap on ‘Share on Facebook’, ‘Share on Twitter’, ‘Subscribe on YouTube’ to add more points to the meter. Everyone’s points are added to the meter and the more points there will be, the better the rewards will get!

It’s open since a few days and we have already received thousands of registrations!

4. Anonomation

I have to say Fabien, a good amount of the TA community has been kind of pushed away due to all the stuff that happened with Asphalt 8.

5. ParagonGamer

ParagonGamer Active Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Isn't it your time to quit making games, Gameloft?

Cause, you guys are just running out of ideas and making new games outta the old ones. Sad.

And also let me guess. This is not premium and will be F2P yeah?

6. Anonomation

Don't attack the messenger.

7. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    What happened during Asphalt 8?

8. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Is very soon this week :)

9. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I assume he/she is referring to the move to F2P and everything that came with it.

I can sympathise, because to be honest there was a ton of stuff in the higher reaches of Asphalt 8 that nobody was ever going to see without grinding out thousands of hours or spending too much money - and while I wasn't a hardcore player by any means I put 30-40 hours into it over mobile and Windows 8 and the great majority of multiplayer races I took part in were won by someone using boosters.

At the same time, even brought down by all that nonsense it was frequently a fantastic game. I am hesitant to support Gameloft's business model these days and I dislike that I already know I'll never see the end of this particular title, as and when it comes out, and yet after all the fun I had with Asphalt 8 I know I'd be willing to give it a try. So while I do think Gameloft reps are putting their heads in the shark tank coming in here at this point looking for applicants, I'm pretty sure there's got to be more than a few people in a place like this who'll sign up.

10. skylerolson

skylerolson Active Member

May 21, 2009
    Tried to register both on my iPhone and Mac and it didn't work. Nothing happens after I sign in to Facebook. Also is NOVA 4 going to happen ever? :)

11. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Am I the only one who gets a little nostalgic when he sees a comment from a gameloft employee saying a game is releasing "very soon".It reminds me of the good old days when Ryan used to be PR at Gameloft,going to miss that guy.

Joke's aside-I was more interesting in learning about other gameloft games-the new Zombie MMO perhaps,the new Modern Combat and if it was going to have a single player content,there were a lot more interesting games that were shown in that Gameloft presentation to investors.

Also someone earlier mentioned that Gameloft is done making games,I do hope that is not true.Although most Gameloft games are clones of other popular francises,Gameloft is the only mobile developer to try and reach new graphical fidelity on mobile.I do not know about you people but when I buy a 700 dollar phone with an Adreno 530 inside,I want to see what it is capable of and I think Gameloft can deliver.

This is also offtopic but why aren't there any English videos on the Gameloft youtube channel?For a while there I was trying to get news on Gameloft's upcoming games and the videos were in Brazilian?!I do not speak Brazilian and I do believe I am not the only one.This is also very surprising because Gameloft videos before the Vivendi deal were only in English.

Btw I am sort of happy to see Asphalt Xtreme,because I like the racing games Gameloft produces,I like the concept of off-road racing and believe this will be one fun experience for me for a long time.

12. Anonomation

To clarify, Gameloft is done making premium games.

13. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Yeah, i'm pretty excited for this. No Gameloft hate here.

14. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Would love to have registered but I'm not on Facebook and there is no other rego option#

15. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    to be honest, ill pay 50bucks to get all premium cars on my collection garage, but the asking price for 200 bucks only to get one type of car collection is ridiculous (asphalt 8), not to mention if they update the app with more cars that we have to pay again. they just loose lots of potential buyer like me because of this approach, no wonder tons of people i know jailbreak their iphone or root on android to get all this cars for free. if they put some reasonable price on iap then i'm in, if not, well, i just download the game, play all the free stuff until i hit the paywall then delete the game and leave it in peace.

16. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    #16 Fabien_Gameloft, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Oh, it might be due to web browser extensions (ad-blockers for instance), please deactivate them and try again. It might also be due or to the place where you live. Facebook is blocked in some countries.

Important: Make sure that you use the same Facebook account to register and to link Asphalt Xtreme to. In other words, do not use two diffrent accounts.

17. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    So,uh..is it coming this month?Again the very soon thing throws me off when I am dealing with Gameloft.

18. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    #18 Fabien_Gameloft, Sep 14, 2016

You will find english videos on the channels dedicated yo our games. Here are a few examples: The channel of Asphalt,DH5, Modern Combat, etc.

As soon as I can tell you more about the release date, I will. We have a lot of things to show you before that.:rolleyes:

19. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    I hope that means we will get a gameplay video soon so we can see what the game is all about.Are the visuals in any way changed from Asphalt 8 to Xtreme or is it the same level of visual fidelity?I am asking if the graphics are any better than the previous game in the franchise?It is hard to tell just by that short teaser.

20. juanenrique

juanenrique Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Lima, Peru
    #20 juanenrique, Sep 14, 2016
    Let me guess, this game will also have cars/trucks with fake top speed, fake cars/trucks rank, many bugs, poor quality assurance, poor customer service, fuel system to limit the player tries, poor optimization in older devices that will give advantage to newer devices, buggy game mechanics and physic engine, a very unfair multiplayer matchmaking, and eventually...updates that will ambush players with more monetization and limitations? :rolleyes: