Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-23-2013, 01:47 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Easy recommendation. I'm with Smartbomb...always wanted to like Flight Control, but couldn't. This game is the only line-drawing game I have on either of my devices and I don't see that changing. For those of you who are complaining about how slow it starts, spend that extra dollar for Blitz mode (and 2 extra levels) and you'll be wishing they'd start slower. I had to break up 3 fights within 5 seconds of playing. Also, other than the extra $1 for Blitz, there are no IAPs to be found. Just a simple, silly, fun game with a ton of character.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:31 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Easy recommendation. I'm with Smartbomb...always wanted to like Flight Control, but couldn't. This game is the only line-drawing game I have on either of my devices and I don't see that changing. For those of you who are complaining about how slow it starts, spend that extra dollar for Blitz mode (and 2 extra levels) and you'll be wishing they'd start slower. I had to break up 3 fights within 5 seconds of playing. Also, other than the extra $1 for Blitz, there are no IAPs to be found. Just a simple, silly, fun game with a ton of character.
While they've clearly taken a "controversial" subject for their line drawer, it's done tastefully and with a lot of polish. Not like many a half-assed game that thinks by throwing in a little toilet humor they can skip on actually making a fully fleshed out game.

The pricing model is okay, I guess, but in some ways irks me just a bit. It might just be me but I think I would have preferred a more limited Free version with an IAP to then unlock the full game. As it stands it feels like I've paid my $1 only to find out that to see the second half of the game I need to fork over another $1.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:51 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartbomb View Post
I think the tongue in cheek humour and character this game has is inspired. Flight control was a well made game, but in my eyes rather soulless and I never went back to it. Looking at the video, the visual and audible polish combined with unusual setting makes this far more interesting than a copy and paste clone of a game we've all seen 100 times before.

It'd be a shame to fall into the trap of punishing developers for trying something a bit different. It looks very amusing whilst appearing to hold itself on the right side of the toilet humour line. I'm giving this a chance, so in answer to your last question: I am.
Yeah, I agree. I must apologize for being too harsh on it. And I would never wanna hinder devs from trying something different! That being said, well, ah, I'll still pass on this one.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:06 PM

The pace is definitely a bit slow at first. Completed challenges unlock new, harder men's rooms, so my tactic has been to quit as soon as I've beaten the current challenges and get 3 new ones. They unlock fairly quickly - the last one unlocks after 20/75 missions..

Would be nice to see a master leaderboard for highest score in any men's room.

Last edited by mr_bez; 05-23-2013 at 04:49 PM..
Old 05-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

If you think this game has what it takes to be your TouchArcade Forums Game of the Week (GOTW) vote for it here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=190142

Please note:
1) Devs cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
2) This voting is for TA members - no outsiders allowed. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Would you say it's better or worse than Urinals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
While they've clearly taken a "controversial" subject for their line drawer, it's done tastefully and with a lot of polish. Not like many a half-assed game that thinks by throwing in a little toilet humor they can skip on actually making a fully fleshed out game.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by brerlappin View Post
Would you say it's better or worse than Urinals?
Better.

1) Lots of subtle scoring tweaks like how your score per action (relieving oneself, washing, or exiting) is modified both by wave and by number of patrons currently in the rest room.

2) 4 of the 5 levels, beyond simply having a unique layout, feature their own special character (like the super slow grandpa or the uncontrollable bully).

P.S. While I routinely have my characters wash after doing their business, more often than not I find it being those doing #2 the best candidates to simply head out of the room without washing when the room gets really crowded...which is SO GROSS (even more when it's a hotel chef).