Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old Yesterday, 12:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fio View Post
Wifi vs is never stable. Try again in about 30 mins - that's what I do.

What is wifi versus waiting?? I heard about it prior to the update which contains it but I'm not sure what it does.
I havent been able to play in like a week when trying at random times, I even deleted my app, and redownload it, losing all my units and data, it hasnt helped.

wifi versus waiting is just an option on wifi, you turn it on, and it will put a little alien on your taskbar, when a match is fount for you, you will be noticed, on the meanwhile you can do whatever, like editing your deck or a random mission
Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

At some point or other I was also getting stuck on "searching" - it didn't matter how long I waited, I simply couldn't get into a match, full stop. Restarting the app didn't sort it, it persisted until I rebooted my phone - after that, everything was ok.

Odds are the Google Play Services are your problem. If all else fails, revert that to stock (delete all its updates), then hunt down its Play Store page and manually update it from there. I'll be surprised if a straight device reboot doesn't sort you out, however.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb Bloke View Post
At some point or other I was also getting stuck on "searching" - it didn't matter how long I waited, I simply couldn't get into a match, full stop. Restarting the app didn't sort it, it persisted until I rebooted my phone - after that, everything was ok.

Odds are the Google Play Services are your problem. If all else fails, revert that to stock (delete all its updates), then hunt down its [url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en]Play Store page[/url] and manually update it from there. I'll be surprised if a straight device reboot doesn't sort you out, however.
Well It DOES seems that the problem started after an update, care to elaborate on the google play services thing? I dont even know what that is, do you mean game center?

PS : Reboot, and force reboot did not helped

Last edited by arley86; Yesterday at 12:38 AM..
Old Yesterday, 01:11 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Ah - if you've got access to Game Center, then you'll be playing on an Apple device. The Google Play Services only apply to Android (which, believe it or not, seems to be what most of us discussing the game in this thread are using). Sorry, I should've been clearer.

Under iOS, I don't think you've got quite as many options. I mean, you could do a restore of the device through iTunes, but odds are it's not "worth" it. I suppose rebooting your modem would be worth a shot - try a different modem entirely, if that doesn't help (eg, use a friend's internet connection). Certainly check to see whether your device is using 3G or wifi.
Old Yesterday, 01:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb Bloke View Post
Ah - if you've got access to Game Center, then you'll be playing on an Apple device. The Google Play Services only apply to Android (which, believe it or not, seems to be what most of us discussing the game in this thread are using). Sorry, I should've been clearer.

Under iOS, I don't think you've got quite as many options. I mean, you could do a restore of the device through iTunes, but odds are it's not "worth" it. I suppose rebooting your modem would be worth a shot - try a different modem entirely, if that doesn't help (eg, use a friend's internet connection). Certainly check to see whether your device is using 3G or wifi.
Just tried 3G, after using 2MB on the searching for players It came up with nothing : /
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Something they'll address in the next update.
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM

on wifi search... dont use the option close ranked if youre a high ranked player, youll wait for ages if youre unlucky..
btw.. do paratroopers purpose is distraction, if so, it does a pretty good job at it for its ap cost
Old Today, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph1234 View Post
on wifi search... dont use the option close ranked if youre a high ranked player, youll wait for ages if youre unlucky..
btw.. do paratroopers purpose is distraction, if so, it does a pretty good job at it for its ap cost
Yep, thats the whole point of them in Wi-fi battles at the very least, although they become useless pretty quickly.
Old Today, 06:54 AM

Ok, seriously, what is up with people not spawning anything in 2v2. It happens WAY too often for comfort.
Old Today, 03:28 PM
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyun View Post
Ok, seriously, what is up with people not spawning anything in 2v2. It happens WAY too often for comfort.
Why don't you just take advantage of it?