Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1641  
Old Yesterday, 12:12 AM
arley86 arley86 is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fio View Post
Wifi vs is never stable. Try again in about 30 mins - that's what I do.

What is wifi versus waiting?? I heard about it prior to the update which contains it but I'm not sure what it does.
I havent been able to play in like a week when trying at random times, I even deleted my app, and redownload it, losing all my units and data, it hasnt helped.

wifi versus waiting is just an option on wifi, you turn it on, and it will put a little alien on your taskbar, when a match is fount for you, you will be noticed, on the meanwhile you can do whatever, like editing your deck or a random mission
Reply With Quote
  #1642  
Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM
Bomb Bloke Bomb Bloke is offline
Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tasmania (AU)
Posts: 66
Default

At some point or other I was also getting stuck on "searching" - it didn't matter how long I waited, I simply couldn't get into a match, full stop. Restarting the app didn't sort it, it persisted until I rebooted my phone - after that, everything was ok.

Odds are the Google Play Services are your problem. If all else fails, revert that to stock (delete all its updates), then hunt down its Play Store page and manually update it from there. I'll be surprised if a straight device reboot doesn't sort you out, however.
Reply With Quote
  #1643  
Old Yesterday, 12:35 AM
arley86 arley86 is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb Bloke View Post
At some point or other I was also getting stuck on "searching" - it didn't matter how long I waited, I simply couldn't get into a match, full stop. Restarting the app didn't sort it, it persisted until I rebooted my phone - after that, everything was ok.

Odds are the Google Play Services are your problem. If all else fails, revert that to stock (delete all its updates), then hunt down its [url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en]Play Store page[/url] and manually update it from there. I'll be surprised if a straight device reboot doesn't sort you out, however.
Well It DOES seems that the problem started after an update, care to elaborate on the google play services thing? I dont even know what that is, do you mean game center?

PS : Reboot, and force reboot did not helped

Last edited by arley86; Yesterday at 12:38 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1644  
Old Yesterday, 01:11 AM
Bomb Bloke Bomb Bloke is offline
Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tasmania (AU)
Posts: 66
Default

Ah - if you've got access to Game Center, then you'll be playing on an Apple device. The Google Play Services only apply to Android (which, believe it or not, seems to be what most of us discussing the game in this thread are using). Sorry, I should've been clearer.

Under iOS, I don't think you've got quite as many options. I mean, you could do a restore of the device through iTunes, but odds are it's not "worth" it. I suppose rebooting your modem would be worth a shot - try a different modem entirely, if that doesn't help (eg, use a friend's internet connection). Certainly check to see whether your device is using 3G or wifi.
Reply With Quote
  #1645  
Old Yesterday, 01:30 AM
arley86 arley86 is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb Bloke View Post
Ah - if you've got access to Game Center, then you'll be playing on an Apple device. The Google Play Services only apply to Android (which, believe it or not, seems to be what most of us discussing the game in this thread are using). Sorry, I should've been clearer.

Under iOS, I don't think you've got quite as many options. I mean, you could do a restore of the device through iTunes, but odds are it's not "worth" it. I suppose rebooting your modem would be worth a shot - try a different modem entirely, if that doesn't help (eg, use a friend's internet connection). Certainly check to see whether your device is using 3G or wifi.
Just tried 3G, after using 2MB on the searching for players It came up with nothing : /
Reply With Quote
  #1646  
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM
Fio Fio is offline
Member
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39
Default

Something they'll address in the next update.
Reply With Quote
  #1647  
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM
joseph1234 joseph1234 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 226
Default

on wifi search... dont use the option close ranked if youre a high ranked player, youll wait for ages if youre unlucky..
btw.. do paratroopers purpose is distraction, if so, it does a pretty good job at it for its ap cost
Reply With Quote
  #1648  
Old Today, 12:50 AM
Hyun Hyun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph1234 View Post
on wifi search... dont use the option close ranked if youre a high ranked player, youll wait for ages if youre unlucky..
btw.. do paratroopers purpose is distraction, if so, it does a pretty good job at it for its ap cost
Yep, thats the whole point of them in Wi-fi battles at the very least, although they become useless pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #1649  
Old Today, 06:54 AM
Hyun Hyun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default

Ok, seriously, what is up with people not spawning anything in 2v2. It happens WAY too often for comfort.
Reply With Quote
  #1650  
Old Today, 03:28 PM
Fio Fio is offline
Member
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyun View Post
Ok, seriously, what is up with people not spawning anything in 2v2. It happens WAY too often for comfort.
Why don't you just take advantage of it?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent