Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@PhykenMedia View Post
You are able to que actions by telling one Unit to move and/or attack, then select another Unit and have them move and/or attack. As you do this you'll start to see markers on the battlefield marking your que'd movements and attacks.

Then once you are satisfied with your plan hit the 'Go' button and watch your Units execute your commands.

Hopefully that helps. If not let me know and we'll see what we can do!
No, that doesnt help. I can have one unit move essentially onto the other unit, which i guess is a normal attack, not a spell. And then move another unit. However, after a spell I cant move other units.

I guess combos are only normal attacks. OK, fine, but I cant remember how to exactly move the guys enough to do a normal attack from 3 sides. Best I could do was 2, but even then i think it said my combo was one so I have no idea.

Even leaving this aside, I'm a little skeptical so far. The idea of a huge file size asynch game that loads slowly is very odd to me, because the whole idea of asynch games is to play when you have limited time, bust out a turn or two.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
No, that doesnt help. I can have one unit move essentially onto the other unit, which i guess is a normal attack, not a spell. And then move another unit. However, after a spell I cant move other units.

I guess combos are only normal attacks. OK, fine, but I cant remember how to exactly move the guys enough to do a normal attack from 3 sides. Best I could do was 2, but even then i think it said my combo was one so I have no idea.

Even leaving this aside, I'm a little skeptical so far. The idea of a huge file size asynch game that loads slowly is very odd to me, because the whole idea of asynch games is to play when you have limited time, bust out a turn or two.
Yeah the file size and load times are clearly something we want to continue to work on. The file size itself isn't that large for a 3D game (61 MBs download and once fully installed its about 128 MBs) but the load times (especially the initial loading screen) definitely take too long.

We do want players to be able to quickly bust out a turn or two but we understand that sometimes it's not possible in the game because there can be a lot of actions to do in one turn (mostly depending on how many units you have and how quickly you make your decisions).

We know that games like Hero Academy are successful because each player only gets 5 total actions and then their turn is finished. However, we wanted our game to play more similar to other tactics games (like Final Fantasy and Disgaea) so that meant allowing players the ability to move and attack with each Unit.

I guess we'll find out if this actually will translate to a successful asynch game.

With the combo section of the tutorial you will need to que up 3 attacks that hit any of the enemy earth wizards. Movements do not count towards your combo (only attacks do).

An example of walking through this would be:
- Select the Fire Wizard
- Press the Attack button
- Select an Attack
- Have it target an enemy Earth Wizard
- Confirm the Attack
- Select the Ice Wizard
- Select an Attack
- Confirm the Attack
- Select the Air Wizard
- Select an Attack
- Confirm the Attack
- Execute the que'd commands by pressing the 'Go' button

Below is a link to a gameplay video that someone captured of the game (not sure who it was but we're glad that they did it). Hopefully this will help anyone who has had issues with this part of tutorial. Of course that means we still need to make some changes to help explain things better for those that would never stumble upon this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhOdZ...tu.be&t=11m32s

Thanks again for the feedback everyone! We really do want to make this the best game that it can be and we can't do it with your help!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Makes me a bit sad that this game isn't getting a bit more love, sure it has some rough edges and is in crying need of a timer but all in all I love it. Just wish more people were playing it.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm all over this....
Old 05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadedodger
Makes me a bit sad that this game isn't getting a bit more love, sure it has some rough edges and is in crying need of a timer but all in all I love it. Just wish more people were playing it.
Thanks for the kind words! There are definitely some things that need to be smoothed out and hopefully the next few updates will help with that.

We did add a variable timer in the newest update. When you create a battle you can set the turn time limit to 7 days, 3 days, or 1 day. While it still may not be quick enough for some people hopefully this will be a step in the right direction. Another thing to help with this is improving the match making system we have. As we continue to make tweaks to it, it will do a better job of pairing you up against people who play at your pace.

Also, we have already started discussing the possibility of having a mode where you essentially play 'live' against an opponent. The idea is still being brainstormed on right now so I can't guarantee we'll do it. However, it's a feature we think a lot of players would like but we just have to make sure it's feasible within the framework of the game.

We wish more people were playing the game as well and hopefully as we continue to improve the game, more and more people will come and play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1
I'm all over this....
That's great to hear! Once you've had a chance to play the game please let us know what you think of it (both good and bad)!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Version 1.2.0 is NOW LIVE!

Here are some of the features released in this version:
  • New Unit: Princess
  • New Weapon: Barrier Wand
  • Leaderboards (or we like to call them Leaderbeards)
  • Achievement system overhaul

Here are some features to look forward to in Version 1.3.0 (it's currently in development):
  • Quick Play Battles (play against a live opponent in real time. Little to no wait time in between turns!)
  • End of Battle GUI Overhaul (easier to understand and show your Commander Rank progress)
  • Other surprises that we don't want to reveal just yet!

Please continue to let us know what you think about the game! Your feedback is crucial to making this game the best that it can be!
Attached Images
File Type: png BarrierWand.png (545.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png UnitCard.png (574.6 KB, 0 views)