Universal bit Dungeon (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Dec 14, 2012.

1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

It's not actually broken. Don't tap a chest, just hold your finger over it. The action isn't applied until you lift your finger up.

2. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I'm having a ton of fun with this, but is anyone else having an issue with souls not picking up, and the save icon crashing the game? I'm getting some of the other bugs / annoyances others have noticed. I'll randomly enter a new room with equipment and after the screen transition in the new room gear randomly goes missing. This happens with boxes and chests too, I'll tap a chest to swap to the new gear and both items are gone. Without being able to pick up souls, I can't use the vendors either. And like I said the save icon upon entering a new floor freezes the game then crashes it.

I've re-started my iPad, re-installed, it's very odd. After being a bit frustrated with the game I noticed someone here mentioned it was a flash game, I immediately went to look for it. I've been playing the flash game a lot more, it's a blast.

3. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    #63 KintoGames, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    Which IPAD do you have!? I want to fix all bugs. Which souls do you mean, I haven't had picking up issue like this? If you have skype, I could maybe help you? =)

4. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I have an iPad four. One time I tapped on the chest and both items disappeared. Other than that, no problems.m

One critique I have is that the game gets kind of repetitive. I'm at level XVI in the last few levels felt exactly the same to me. Not much challenge and I just keep grinding through the exact same rooms with the same enemies. Not sure if it gets more difficult or if new enemies are introduced. However this could be balanced so that there is a sense of Progression to the gameplay and the difficulty.

5. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    If I this sells ok, I will add more content, hard mode, new quests, etc. I am see what kind of response I get first. =)

6. evolsoulx

evolsoulx New Member

Feb 17, 2012
    So if it does well, you're planning on expanding the game and include things not on kongregate?

7. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Yeah, I am not updating Kong anymore, only Mobile Versions. =)

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yeah to Hard mode! I like my permadeath games to be hard. :) I hope the app does well and you're able to add it.

9. selltheworld

selltheworld Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Denmark
    If I click on a chest so that my character stands on the chest. then stats for both the equipped item and the item on the ground. If I click the equipped item, the chest disapears . when i then ship room the equipped item is gone too.

10. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Something similar - possibly exactly the same, although hard to be sure - happened to me, leading to death on level 15 when my equipped weapon vanished just before I left the cleared room and entered a new one. So, yeah, be very careful and watch what you're doing when looting chests as a "death by vanishing weapon" does not feel like a particularly fair death!

11. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Any info you can give me to help reproduce this or fix this would be awesome, I would love to removed this and update the game quick.

12. Ironbuddha

Ironbuddha Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Game is way too easy

Maybe the difficulty increases considerably at some point but I'm on level 12 and I haven't come close to dying.

You don't have to auto-attack. As fast as you tap the mob, you'll hit it. So there's no point in picking a "fast" weapon like a dagger or sword over a slow weapon like a hammer. The only number you'll care about is the damage it does.

I have a purple level hammer that does 50 dmg and has life steal. My health never drops below 75%, and I burn through bosses and mobs. I quit playing because all I'm doing is tapping on the screen as fast as possible. That's not fun to me.

13. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Agree. it's still fun for me but I fear it won't be for long. Definitely need some type of difficulty ramps or level progression system. If you felt like you were getting somewhere it might be more fun. Is there an end to this game? Of course leader boards etc., which are said to be in the works will also Help.

A similar glitch happened today. I have a set of blue armor and randomly my blue helmet would turn into a grey one. I did not tap on a chests. Sometimes my armor would just disappear.

14. Planetshooter

The vanishing item only happened once to me so far, where the equipped weapon slot suddenly became empty. This MIGHT have occurred during a chest item swap. All I know for certain is that the item I lost was a green "Zombie" prefixed weapon and it was replaced by nothing at all. I hope that is of some use, as I can't think of anything else to help identify the exact circumstances when it happened. It was on level 15, possibly not relevant.

15. Planetshooter

What you need to be aware of, is that chests can appear when you break those scenery items in the room, like boxes, vases, lumps of ice. They seem to have a random chance to drop potions or turn into chests.

Now, if you break them while monsters are still alive, you're fairly safe because the chest will appear greyed out until you kill everything in the room.

However - if you start running around the room tagging those scenery items after everything is dead, (even accidentally) they can turn into a chest and you can insta-loot that chest without noticing that it happened. This has occurred a few times for me and now I deliberately run around the room smashing all the scenery items before I kill the monsters.

As for the easy feel of the game, yes it could do with a couple of additional difficulty settings but I believe that is something the dev is already considering.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    For me the lost item thing happened shortly after another glitch - a treasure chest seemed to get moved to off of the screen. In the border, with no way to get to it. I think maybe I left the room and then came back and then noticed my weapon was gone, but I'm not really that sure of the details. The treasure chest was definitely in the game border, though.

Also, I agree that this game is far too easy. Without a big difficulty bump, this is going to feel mostly like busy work. The only time there was a challenge was in fact when I lost my weapon, which was right before a boss fight, but I won that anyway.

17. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Ditto

One more bug To report. Three different times I have come back from a previous saved and noticed that my health is down to about 1/6 of the full amount even though I saved with full health. I believe this happens if you save in the first room or in the same room not sure.
    Another idea I have for expanding the game would be to add rare bosses. Maybe if you found specific items they could take you to the boss when you think you're ready to face it. Then it would drop rare. One time I touched on the soul in my inventory and it took me to a ghost world with an impossibly hard boss. Is this normal? Anyway that's what it gave me the idea.

By the way I'm on level 20. How far have guys gotten?

18. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    So I've attached a few screenshots. When I say "souls" I'm referring to the little black circles that randomly drop and are used as currency at hidden vendors. I thought I remember someone referring to them as that. In the screenshots you'll see that I can see them drop, I even hear a "ding" sound like I've collected them but the total (top left) never reflects anything but "0".

The second bug that's getting me is the save icon bug. Every time (after a hard restart, re-install, and sync install) when I touch the save icon in the first room of the "next" floor it gets big then boom, frozen. I know the saves don't persist through death, but I play in short stints so just by me exiting the game I always start over. I'm perpetually stuck in the first 5 floors, heh.

I've got an ipad2, running 6.0.1, 64GB with about 300MB of free space in it.

Attached Files:

• 001.png
      001.png
      File size:
      124 KB
      Views:
    • 002.png
      002.png
      File size:
      124 KB
      Views:
    • 003.png
      003.png
      File size:
      100 KB
      Views:
    • 004.png
      004.png
      File size:
      100 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      156 KB
      Views:
  19. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Great little game....how do you use magic though?

It's like berserk meets zelda but in a good way lol

20. selltheworld

selltheworld Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Denmark
    tap and hold till the magic is cast. while you hold down, you block.

Here is a table I made which shows which magics you get when mixing different magics.
    [​IMG]
    *If you mix Poison, Explode or Gem with anything, you will get Chaos.
    **Chaos + magic = same magic