New Joinees shilling on threads

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by spidey, Mar 13, 2012.

1. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I have recently noticed a lot of new joinees who:

1. Copy and paste the ending portions of last person's post:

2. Generally shill about a game. At times I see this happening for a lot of decent looking games, but when I see 3-4 posts from new joinees appreciating a game, I become cautious.

3. Post random stuff

What's with that?

2. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #2 dclose, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    They're generally spammers. Just flag 'em (saying why, like cut&paste spammer) and let the mods do their work. You only need to flag one of a person's posts to alert the "authorities" that their entire body of work needs to be examined. So just click on little triangle in the upper right-hand corner of a post next time you see one of these posting stuff like that. If it needs to be dealt with, it will be.

3. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Yeah I know, They're generally spammers. Just flag 'em (saying why, like cut&paste spammer) and let the mods do their work. You only need to flag one of a person's posts to alert the "authorities" that their entire body of work needs to be examined. So just click on little triangle in the upper right-hand corner of a post next time you see one of these posting stuff like that. If it needs to be dealt with, it will be.

Just Kidding, I also dislike this and think we should try to stop it.

4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Hey, you do not kid with someone who's just learnt how to flag posts :p

I almost flagged yours in over-enthusiasm to get TA rid of all scum spammers :)

Thanks dclose. Awesome edit clarification too. Grammar FTW :)

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    You forgot to add the quote box with the embedded invisible attachment. I think I can safely speak for all of us, we are trying to stop it! It does help when you guys point them out since we don't visit every thread and some of them are subtle. So it is all a team effort. Thanks.