Universal Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Even if you see a prestige guy in the lobby, still doesn't automatically mean your advantage is nullified. More than half the prestiged guys I've seen(often times above me) are VERY bad. They only got there through time and VIP. But they just suck. Already met more than just a few guys at around prestige 4-5 who had hard time battling against non-prestigers.

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Thnx guys, preciate it.

3. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Just played mc4 on an iPhone 5... I swear to god I didn't even have to try, and went 14-1. Than 24-0 the next match. (and than 8-7 but whatever)
    What a difference.

Everything negative I had to say about the game just went out the window. When playing on a good device it's amazing.

.... and easy.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    iPhone 5 and iPad 4 users got no skills, just a good device. COME AT ME!! Nah of course they got skills too, but it's really annoying how big of an advantage they have. Like I wouldn't even have to try against iPod users if I had an iPad 4 or iPhone 5 :/

5. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    True true! I'm one of those lucky chaps who have an iPhone 5 and I must admit it is quite easy if you're a little skilled. It runs like a charm on my phone, so there's no reason for me to complain.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Only skills you need to dominate with an iPhone 5 are knowing how controls work and knowing a little bit of strategy. Of course I haven't tried so what do I know, but the videos running it are silky smooth. Me jelly.

7. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    You have no idea. It even felt weird with the wide screen and different controls, but it was just hard to do bad.

No offense to the people with iPhones

8. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    This is where having a slightly dated device ticks you off.. I can't really call the iPad 3 dated, but the fact is, for the same amount I pay for an app, I'm getting a slightly worse off experience, as compared to someone with an iPhone 5
    I'm not really complaining, because, after all, it isn't the developer's fault, but it's things like this that sort of hold you back from buying a device if you don't intend to buy it the day it's released (I got mine in September)

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Okay, you could say that about any level of player at any game.

It is probably safer to assume if they have multi prestiged that they have plenty of experience of the game therefore your advantage of more experience than non prestige is actually nullified.

That doesn't take into account actual skill which is a bit more difficult to substantiate.
    Multi prestige may have no skill and level 3 no prestige may have lots.

It is safe to assume that a multi prestige has an advantage over non prestige players.
    Whether they are skilled enough to use that advantage is a different story.

10. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Agreed. I sucked until lv. 40. Then I met lolavi, my skills rose up. Thanks bro.

It looks like I am one of the guys that have an advantage.

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Having a hardware advantage doesn't equal skill.
    The hardware certainly helps but the fact is if you're good, you're good.
    A few players on here with touch 4 prove that.
    If you're bad, it doesn't matter what device you have. A speedy device and knowing the controls on the iphone won't make you skilled and won't stop you getting killed a lot by skilled players.
    And if you're skilled, the hardware will help more.

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah that's why I love this game. Anyone can be good at this game. but I guess you're right about that experience advantage.

How exactly did I help you? :p

Man I really want to be one of you fast device users :( I'm not saying it's unfair to me since it's up to me to buy a new device, but it does get annoying when you sometimes don't even see them coming and the screen is red... :(

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    But a hardware can make it easier to become skilled... But I'm no expert in this since I've been rocking the ancient Touch 4 for my entire MC "career". I did try on iPad and I was blown away by how smooth MC3 ran

14. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I like playing good players like Rip, etc... Brings your level up, makes you a better player. I'm only at level 32 right now, and hope to play more but there are so many great games, it's hard for me to commit to one.

Also Shadowgun deadzone will have new mp maps. The game is good. Then the Walking dead makes episode 1 free. Just too many great games. See you guys on the battle field.

15. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    The tips you gave me. And actually studying your moves.

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh well no problem :) We gotta play again soon. See how much you've improved :)

Kdr is now at 2.22. Rises 0.1 every second match. Sometimes more at one time. I really hope I can get to 2.5! That'd be a historic moment for iPod players :) Well at least for me. Even in mc3 which was supposed to be easy, I only had 1.88

17. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    My god. I'm still at 1.5 something. It increased by 0.2 my whole perstige... Pathetic.

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1978 Rip73, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    I'll take that compliment, thanks very much.

Funnily enough, I actually don't consider myself terribly well skilled at this MC despite leader board position. I found the previous ones far easier to dominate matches.

I never go negative and frequently get 30 - 50 (68 max) kills per match but I seem to spend a lot of time covering team mates or actually trying to get the flag/zone/vip to win the match and end up dead.
    Hence my lower than I'm used to k/d of 2.06 and abysmal w/l of 1.68 I think. Mc3 peaked at k/d of 4.8 if I remember right. I think the hackers wrecked my chances of hitting 5. Plus I got a 128 kill streak in mc3.
    (Lolavi 2.22 on an iPod touch 4 is staggeringly good though considering I play on iPhone 5 and iPad 4 just for context)

I think I'm spending too much time trying out the effect of each attachment on each weapon as well which can be a major hindrance to your gun. And k/d ratio

Of course, in saying that, it just points to the fact that they really have got the balancing very good on this one.
    And this is the one I've had the most fun with. I'll admit the physics sometimes go glitchy and the guy skyrockets like he was ht by a grenade, but damn its hugely entertaining.

Currently rocking the automatic shotgun and forget about headshots, where the head swings back and he falls over, the whole bloody things flys off the guys body. Chopped a guys both legs offs with it in last match. It's pretty disgusting but a really funny sight in a game on your mobile.

Actually saw a guys body fly off in about five different pieces from a grenade that went off right in front of my guy as well. You just can't argue with that kind of disgustingly entertaining detail.

19. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I never said anything about skill. I just said that I found mc4 on the iPhone far easier, and I did better than I ever have on my iPod in mc4, mc3, or mc2.

I know it doesn't equal skill. And I've still not played mc4 much, so I'm not great to begin with. But the fact that I picked up a iPhone 5, new account, default controls (mine are different) on a platform I've never touched with a default class setup and had my best 2 games ever...... It says something.

You, and most people here are better then me. Not saying that. Just saying its a hell of a lot easier. And it is.

LOLavi has an ipod too and he's better than me. So I'm seriously not saying my skill is cuz of the device.

20. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Low? 2 is a low? I can't even get past 1.6! Don't worry. You are great at this.

@ kill joy

If you think it's easy on the iphone try in on an iPad. Works brilliantly.