Shrek Kart (videos + screens)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mallory623, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    No. I check gameloft's twitter page for Shrek games several times every day. :rolleyes:
    I'm playing Mario Kart Wii almost every day since April 08, and I want a good funracer on my iPhone. I hope gameloft gets Shrek Kart done and adds online multiplayer via update very soon.

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I'm guessing it will be at $6.99?

3. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    #43 Random_Guy, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2009
    These are the characters that you will be able to play.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Has Sherk Kart been submitted yet. I got a e-mail from one of the dev the other day and he said it took Apple 6 weeks too approve a lite version of his game. That is bad.

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I asked gameloft via twitter about the game. They said I have to be patient. :(
    I'm so curious if this fun racer has the potential to be what Mario Kart DS is for the DS(i) folks. It's a shame that there are over 20 000 games and entertainment titles on the Store and no decent fun racer.

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Yea all we get is worthless 99 cent games. Sometimes there 3 dollar worthless games

7. mallory623

mallory623 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Production Artist/Graphic Artist
    Seattle, WA
    There's a twitter quote that the game will be released at the end of the month. No specific date though.

8. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Oh, I haven't seen that quote yet. But I also heard that it should be released in September.
    This will -like Rolando- be an instant buy for me, 'cause the vids I've seen so far convinced me to buy this. I hope gameloft will add online multiplayer as soon as possible, so I can run over other toucharcade guys here... :p

9. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    So it should be coming out within the next 2-3 weeks?

10. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Hopefully.

11. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    this has been going on for nearly a decade now. sadly, there have been well over a dozen different shrek platforming/wrestling/kart racing games.

12. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I'm pretty sure that they've finished developing this game. I remember that this game was announced before Dungeon Hunter and Real Football 2010, yet, both of these games have been released, and Shrek Kart is nowhere near to its release.

13. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I thought they would release Shrek Kart in September... I'm very disappointed that they didn't even release a new trailer in the last weeks. Just the two old trailers back in August.

http://twitter.com/shrek_Games

14. leonbasin

leonbasin Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    lol what about asphalt 5, need for speed shift etc... we wont be seeing any of these games any time soon lol

15. mallory623

May 20, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I'm hoping it'll be released later this week, maybe the weekend. I haven't purchased anything since Dungeon Hunter came out and, at the moment, Shrek is really the only thing on my radar. Maybe they're working on adding global multiplayer and will surprise us when it's finally released. I also thought there would be another trailer or at least an announcement of some sort on their twitter page like they did with Sandstorm...but nothing.

16. mallory623

May 20, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    New Screenshots for upcoming Shrek Kart...

New screen shots for Shrek Kart have been posted to the Italian web site for Apple Lounge. The site is in Italian unfortunately but the translation just gives us a general overview of what you can expect from the game. Mostly what we've read before: Gameplay, characters, etc. Nothing really new.
    As far as when it'll be released, it still doesn't give a specific date, just that it'll be released soon to the App Store.

http://www.theapplelounge.com/software/iphone-apps/shrek-kart-iphone-ipod-touch-gameloft/

17. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
  18. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Last Day of September. Still No Shrek Kart?

Didn't they say it was coming in September?

19. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    have not posted in a long time.

and dont a lot of peope SAY things? when the weatherman said it would be sunny all week, was it sunny all week? when EA was to release nfs in january, did it? get my point man?

20. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    z0mg nuggets has spoken!