Who is your favourite developer?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sambobsung, May 3, 2013.

1. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I don't know if something like this has been done yet, but if it has, mods feel free to delete this. I'm just curious as to which developers you guys like or prefer. I for one favour Foursaken Media. Their quality in their games is top notch. Along with Chair, for making IB 2 and well there are quite a bit. So what are your favourite developers?

2. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

I like Donuts.

I like Games.

I like Donut Games.

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I agree about Forsaken Media, not my favorite iOS dev, not sure who is, but dang, they are fricken awesome!

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Dewd I like love Glu, they make like free games that I don't like have to pay for, it's totally rad and groovy man. Rock on Glu! I'll meet yew at the F2P sniffing party! I like hope all these other beings of nature join us man.

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #5 crex, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    Crescent Moon Games - Hard working devs that always aim to push the limit when it comes to games. Made some iOS classics such as Ravensword and Aralon.

Halfbrick - Halfbrick never fails to deliver. Top-notch casual style games that provide fun for people of all ages. Created some unforgettable titles like Jetpack Joyride and Fruit Ninja.

Ravenous Games - No group of developers live and breathe platformers like these guys. Provided us with League of Evil and Random Heroes.

Foursaken Media - Such a dedicated group of 4 brothers who always give it their all when they produce a game. Known for producing classics like Bug Heroes and Block Fortress.

EDIT: Going to add Telltale in there even though they don't design games exclusively for iOS, but damn do they make the most entertaining point and click adventure games.

The list doesn't end here, because there are definitely a bunch of dedicated developers out there who push themselves to make something amazing for us. These are just the ones that stood out to me the most.

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Foursaken Media, hands down. They make great games, don't make IAPs intrusive or necessary to gameplay, and are just good guys.

I own every single one of their games!

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    These are the best developers for me, because of the following reasons which one or more may apply to them:
    1. Consistent solid titles
    2. consistent updates for improvement
    3. ultra-helpful devs

Kemco
    Empty Flask Games
    Telltale
    Sunny Tam
    Firi Games
    Radian Games
    Forest Moon / Crescent Moon
    Foursaken Media
    Media.Vision
    Uppercut Games
    Madfinger Games
    Pikpok Games
    Adult Swim Games
    Imangi Studios
    FDG Entertainment
    Playdek

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #8 Guise, May 3, 2013
    Rocketcat Games

Llamasoft

Radiangames

Zach Gage

two new favorites are the developers of Dungeon Plunder and Melodive—for their awesome games as well as their responsiveness on these boards and elsewhere

Beavertap Games

Sunny Tam

9. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    come on guys, your forgetting the greatest devs ever. SIMOGO.
    unique gameplay and art style with no in app purchase ever. true prodigys with talent. and no im not getting paid to say this. I LOVE SIMOGO.
    Waiting on that Yearwalk 2 or Bumpy Road Adventures.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    All of the devs who communicate with us, and I don't mean bumping their thread with update announcements, I'm talkin' about real conversation. Those guys are the best.

11. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    For me it's simogo aswell..Though they tend to do experimental stuff,but that is their brilliance..They are true innovators and they create games really suitable for touch screens..Beat sneak bandit is just absolutely brilliant and year walk will haunt me for the rest of my life..

Plus we are talking about IOS devs right??Well their titles are exclusively for IOS,I think..

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #12 metalcasket, May 3, 2013
    Right off the top of my head...BeaverTap Games, Empty Flask Games and Clockwork Pixels. Outstanding individuals with games to back it up. There are probably a ton more, but I didn't even have to put a single bit of effort coming up with those 3.

EDIT: OMG...Vlambeer!

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #13 JBRUU, May 3, 2013
    Crescent Moon and the Fanz developer, Alex, are two of my favorites. And Foursaken.

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    My favourite developers are Foursaken Media, Square/Enix, Crescent Moon, Simogo, Kemco, Fargoal and Fluttermind; and since the TowelFight 2 thread popped up, the Butterscotch Shenanigans. I am
    sure I forgot one or two others.

It would be a nice thing if Eli - or touchArcade in general - would bring more articles about "the people behind the games". Maybe once or twice a month, an interview and pictures about our favourite devs. About their motivations, inspirations, their favourite games and maybe future projects.

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Off the top of my head and in no particular order,

Radiangames
    Llamasoft
    Raptisoft
    Sunny Tam/Doragon
    Cave

16. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Nimblebit are the best!

17. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Kairosoft
    Firemint (RIP)
    Foursaken

18. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Llamasaft (been playing Jeff's games for 30 years now and I still love that mushroom blur).

19. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    No love for True Axis yet?

We should turn this into a poll. Put in nominations like GotW and then vote.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ravenous games - love the old skool platformers
    Crescent Moon

But Orange Pixel probably gets my vote. Love Stardash, Meganoid games, Gunslugs and the very underated Inc. Got all their games, they're excellent

Strangely enough in the early years when i joined iOS it was Gameloft ! Hear me out ! Some of the first games i had were Dungeon Hunter 1 and Hero Of Sparta, got the sequels and enjoyed those and then yep it all went downhill !