EA games coming soon...SSX Snowboarding

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by twentyone, Aug 23, 2009.

1. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    I thought I would start this thread to discuss SSX. I just recently saw the TA article from back in March about all the Electronic Arts games coming out this year and I was not aware of SSX and NBA Live? Interesting.

EA has really stepped it up and I am glad that they are putting some of their best titles in the app store like Tiger Woods, NFS, Madden, FIFA, Command&Conquer, SSX and NBA Live.

I think that with the accelerometer SSX will be sick! Definately looking forward to more info on this.

So what do you guys think?

2. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    First of all, SSX is all about the skiing (snowboarding = lame)

But yeah, I'm pretty pumped for this title, if done properly, I think it could work really well given the iPhone's unique feature set. Accelerometer + gesture based controls for tricks would be awesome...they already used a similar method for the Wii version, so I got my hopes up

3. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Errr wasn't only one game of SSX skiing(crappy wii ssx) all the others are snowboard: ssx, ssx tricky(woo!) ssx 3, most are snowboarding

I LOVED I mean lived ssx tricky, it's was my first PS2 game and still one of my top games on it, behind ratchet&clank and jak&daxter
    and I can't wait for ssx iPhone if it's as good as ssx tricky it will be a no brainer!

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    SSX stands for Snowboard Supercross

5. ccohen322

ccohen322 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    any info on a release frame?

6. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    How epic. It sounds like a possible replacement for Crazy Snowboard in my library. Gameloft and EA are totally beasting it up. Chillingo and NgMoco are helping a little bit too.

7. AE_GLOOM

AE_GLOOM Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    LDN, You Kay
    The newer SSX games are both skiing AND snowboarding. So yeah...pleases both sides :p

8. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    I loved ssx tricky and a few others
    the music was great its tricky tricky tricky.love it

9. Ryan el champ

Ryan el champ Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    subway sandwich artist
    chicago
    they need to remake ssx tricky, that is definitely on my top 5 ps2 games list, haha the soundtrack is awesome.

10. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Command and Conquer? :eek:

11. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

hopefully it will be like ssx tricky, love that game

12. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    ssx tricky was the best of all of them.

13. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    nah SSX on tour is not only about skiing. I didn't really want to ski in SSX on Tour because the board gameplay was so ****in' awesome :D

14. xslay

xslay Active Member

Jun 7, 2009
    bavaria, germany
    ssx on tour had ski too

15. Grigorovich Ourumov

Grigorovich Ourumov Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    SSX would be awesome on the iPhone. They should totally put more effort into the iPhone development. All those Gameloft games look good in the first 2 minutes but often still feels like a crappy cellphone game.

16. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Snowboarders in real life are twats, all of them!

but in SSX, the best part is snowboarding, it's the point of the game. All the courses are made for snowboarding!

I hope they have snow jam

17. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Like always EA will always water down the game. Maybe only half a snowboard:eek: Or only one ski:confused:

18. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

More likely is like NFS, you wont control forward movement - auto accelerate. You just deal with turning (accelerometer) and stunts (multi-touch gestures?). Mind you I can't remember if SSX let you control the speed anyway?

19. monteboyd

monteboyd Well-Known Member

I too loved SSX on the PS2, but I don't think there's been any news since the initial announcement unless I've missed something?

In the meantime the free lite version of my snowboarding game, Slope Rider Lite has just been released. Check it out and you just might be tempted to buy the full version.

I'll admit it's not SSX on the PS2 but you might enjoy it. Costs nothing to try it out! :)

20. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

hopefully itll be better than alpine racer, although i found it to be more fun then many other people