iPhone Eufloria HD - (by Omni Systems)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. sillytuna

sillytuna Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    #81 sillytuna, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    EDITED OUT: The spoiler function not working for me for some reason - will leave it to the message below!

Level 8 is quite tough - maybe we should have a full strategy guide from Rudolf!

There is a strategy hint - access it from the pause menu (bottom left) or the level select screen.

2. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    #82 athros, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    Warning - major spoiler
    When I moved on this map, I did it as fast as I can. The first asteroid to the right is barely guarded. Take it with everything, plant one normal tree. Go to the upper asteroid, and take it, one normal tree again. Be sure to have 10 seedlings left over, and go to the big asteroid on the right and take it. You should not scout the big asteroid on the left, nor the bottom asteroid, for some reason it keeps the aggression to a minimum. Then build up and take the bottom one, and have AT LEAST 80 seedlings to take the left asteroid...the seedlings on that one are amazingly strong in all catagories. Good luck!
    Zoom out, on the right is another.

EDIT: Blast, Ninja'd by sillytuna!

3. sillytuna

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    Thanks for the review :)

One minor correction - there are achievements present in Game Center if you take a look. There was a technical issue which prevented us from making them nicely accessible from the game menu itself for now but something will be there in the next major update.

Stats - as per this thread, definitely something we're considering for a major update :)

4. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    On a note, could the devs read my spoiler, about aggression. It seems that might be unintended behavior.

I really really like this game, you guys did a wonderful job!

5. sillytuna

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    It's intended behaviour. I don't want to say much more due to spoilers, so let's just say that if you play in the relaxed mode, you can generally play slower.

Eufloria is a deeper game than you think. Some of the later levels are rather different so you'll need to vary your tactics. Make sure you pay attention to the Mother Tree and Level Goal.

Levels 6-10 train you up pretty well but can be tough for the first few goes. Stick with it. Now when I go back and play them I can beat every level quite quickly, but I certainly couldn't when I started out.

The arena levels can be rather tricky (arena 7 is my favourite - I replay that a lot).

And thanks :)

6. Terpentine Cat

Terpentine Cat Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Salzburg, Austria
    I have to admit, this looks great! Had to download it as well...

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I had assumed it was - by scouting, you alert them to your presence. Otherwise they have no way of knowing you are there, and no reason to suspect your presence, so they just continue going about their normal lives. You are the invader, after all.

8. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    I was expecting the AI to scout, and attack when it thinks it has the upper hand since I'm not in relaxed mode. Not a big deal either way.

9. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Sorta game I wish I'd come up with and released. Magnificent! :)

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Well I think it doesn't scout because it doesn't know that it needs to - it doesn't expect anyone new to be there, it thinks it knows about everyone in the sector, and only does the occasional routine patrol.

11. The AI needs to scout just like the player, and does so regularly:-D
    We try to cheat as little as possible, so the enemy mostly has the same ability as the player.

So yeah, they can leave you alone for a while, until your asteroid with great attributes becomes known to them.. The fun we had balancing these things!!!

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]EUFLORIA HD[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    08/02/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this ambient strategy game of space exploration, plant growth and bio mechanical evolution?

[size=+3][thread=122060]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

13. sillytuna

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    #93 sillytuna, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    Woohoo! Please go vote if you want to support something a bit different :)

Also, we're still a few ratings/reviews short in the US. If you're over there then please do rate the game and spread the word. We'll be eternally thankful.

Help the Mother Tree!

EDIT: We'd be even more grateful if all of you who liked the game would load iTunes on your computer, select App Store - iPad and click 'Yes' to 'Was this review helpful' on the positive reviews. It seems some people, mainly in the US for some reason, group together to give negative reviews prominence.

We'd like those of you who DO like it to group together and be ultra positive too :)

(That's my last sales bit for now I promise - sure is tough competing with EA et al, who have been discounting their games to compete with us it seems. I will now go back to just answering any queries).

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Congrats on getting game of the week on the UK app store, lots of positive reviews too.

On relaxed mode, level 'The Stand', I needed over 200 seedlings (I tried first with 100 and failed, then with 200 and failed, then tried again with 400 and succeeded) to conquer the asteroid with four defense trees to the right of the starting position. I had used the stat increase tree on each asteroid too, so all seedlings had OK stats.
    Am I doing something wrong? Should this level be possible with fewer seedlings?

15. sillytuna

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    If you pause the game and tap 'STUCK?' in the bottom left, it'll give you a hint. You can also see this on the LEVEL SELECT screen.

The goal on this level is to take out the enemy seedlings - you don't need to take all the asteroids.

You don't actually need to conquer that asteroid at all. That's not a spoiler, it's implied by the level goal but perhaps not obvious enough (partly why we added the level hint).

16. Yeah, it is important to keep an eye on the actual mission specifics. You don't always have to conquer all asteroids. :)

So, do people have a favourite/least favourite level?

R

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    If I don't conquer it, how to I kill the seedlings on the three asteroids to the right? I can't reach those asteroids otherwise.

18. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I asked this at the start of the thread but don't think anyone answered or I missed it: does this game allow for multiple games to be going on same device? i.e. Multiple saves/profiles?

19. sillytuna

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    See below

Concentrate on the left. Do major terraforming to ensure you have generally fast seedlings as they speed past defence trees (level 6 shows you this). I tend to terraform all the asteroids on the left heavily then do a mass attack, but it can probably be done more cleverly.

When terraforming generally, I tend to do the asteroid's weakest stat to the maximum I can.

re: Profiles - sorry, it does not allow for this. It can be put on a wish list but we've got a number of things we'd like to do already so I can't promise this one, sorry.

On another note, I wish Apple would support multiple logins on an iPad to deal with just this issue. It affects Game Center and loads of games I have. I had hoped this would be in iOS 5 but no :(

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yes that's what I did to conquer that asteroid + win (it took ages to wait for all the terraforming and to grow enough seedlings which is why I wondered if I was doing something wrong), but how to I beat the level without conquering that asteroid?