Matchy Matchy - The Joy of Matching

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by psk, Jul 4, 2014.

1. psk

psk Active Member

May 26, 2012
    #1 psk, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    We would like to announce our new game Matchy Matchy - The Joy of Matching - we have a trailer here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqfrX5Y38cA

Facebook page here:
    https://www.facebook.com/matchymatchygame

And we will be launching next month on phones and tablets (we even work on ipad 1 at the moment!) (August)

Overview
    Set on a planet inhabited by impossibly cute creatures - the game takes place across seven unique worlds, as the inhabitants celebrate the annual “Festival of Matchy Matchy”. Each world contains unique game play variations. A mission system distributed across each world transforms and extends the gameplay in challenging and unique ways.

Recent trends in Match-3 games have focused on increasing complexity, or introduced psychological tricks to maximise profit. Matchy Matchy deliberately looks back to the golden age of Match-3 games, we take our inspiration from classics such as Bejeweled. The aim of Matchy Matchy is to provide the player with an immersive but challenging portable gaming experience.

• Free to download and play.
    • Seven unique worlds to unlock - each world has a unique look, sound, and gameplay features.
    • A series of missions across the available worlds introduce many varied game modes.
    • Beautiful graphics. The 3D is unobtrusive, but provides unique opportunities to play with traditional match 3 styles.
    • Subtle yet deep game play mechanics.
    • The first two worlds are entirely free to play.
    • A single small In App Purchase provides access to the full game.
    • No other payments to made to play for the lifetime of the game!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DanielSnd

DanielSnd Member

Oct 4, 2013
    I love the art :) It's so cute!

3. psk

psk Active Member

May 26, 2012
    Thanks @DanielSnd! Wait until you hear them talk - you will melt :D

4. psk

psk Active Member

May 26, 2012
    keeping with the art for a moment - I wanted to share with you another image. All the levels are based around a different animal and follow a little the geographical cues from that animal. This image is from a African Lion's level. We struggled for the right way to conceptualize "Africa" - and rejected many of the stereotypical savana views. Instead we went for vibrant colour - and based our buildings on ones found in Nairobi the capital of Kenya... I think they turned out nice :)

If you follow this link http://www.neonbeatz.com/wp.../uploads/2014/06/nairobi.jpg you can see one of the reference images we used.

[​IMG]

5. DanielSnd

DanielSnd Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Looks awesome :D I want to play it!

If you need a betatester, I'd love to take it for a spin :)

If you don't, and you want a player when you release, let me know when you release! (Actually, that's a cool thing to have, a website somewhere to collect emails from people and alert them when you release... Like I would like to play this once you release it, but in one month from now when you release it I'll probably have forgotten all about it and not see it D: But if I could write my email somewhere now and receive an email letting me know of the release I would definetly play, do you know what I mean? :eek:)

6. psk

psk Active Member

May 26, 2012
    Good idea, we dont have a mailing list set up yet. I'll add it to my todo list :)

We do have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/matchymatchygame and a twitter @SoggyMonster where we will push any release info through.

7. DanielSnd

DanielSnd Member

Oct 4, 2013
    I know, but I look through every email I receive, while I will never look through every tweet/facebook posting the people I follow post XD you know what I mean? The chance of me missing a release post is high, the chance of me missing a release email is 0.

8. psk

psk Active Member

May 26, 2012