Games That Would Be Perfect But For One Little Thing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sinagog, Oct 10, 2014.

1. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I'm guessing Controls will come up quite a bit here, and that's going to be my gripe. Emberwind really is the best platform game on IOS. It smushes together elements of Castlevania, Sonic, Metroid and Zelda 2 into one brilliant whole. The lush, hand-painted artwork is also something else. The only problem is the tiny little buttons. Maybe there was still a bit of trial and error going on with mobile platform gaming a few years ago when this came out, and not many games hit the bright idea of having smaller buttons with a larger hit-box, thus solving the problem of not having too much of the screen obscured, but being much more forgiving on the gamer. Unfortunately, those tiny buttons contain tiny little hit-boxes, making the player have to constantly make sure their fingers are touching the right area. The game's still very playable, but it could have been nigh on perfect but for this one little thing... (It's pretty underrated so I still think y'all should Czech it out!)

Your turn!