★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Finally grabbed this now that it's free.
I'm glad I waited.

All in all I can only recommend it to those of you who are such huge runner fan (specifically temple run fans) that they just need another fix.

I was interested in this game originally because of the combat and RPg elements.

Really it has neither.

There is no combat. You simply tap the screen every now and then when you see an enemy. This hardly qualifies as combat, in my opinion.

It has no more rpg elements than the average temple run clone. You level up your charecters which is standard for this package.

It seems that it would have been much better to give the charecter different combat moves which are performed by various swipes.

Ahh well. Opportunity knocked at least.

Overall it really feels like a new version of TR. If this was a new TZr game based on some new Disney movie, I don't think many of us would say it doesn't feel TRish. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, for a lot of people.

3/5

Avoid if you're looking for RPG or combat
Recommend if you're a huge runner fan who just needs a fix

Last edited by eyeGamer; 03-16-2014 at 03:15 PM.
03-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Sorry to say this in case the developer may be reading, but the design and visual style looks pretty uninspired and cliche. I mean that is besides gameplay being similar to many existing game. Of all available themes this fantasy with kind of anime-ish 3d designs is just not working well IMO
03-23-2015, 07:55 AM
I bought this when it launched but had deleted it fairly quickly because I thought the controls were sluggish and unresponsive.

I noticed that it was updated the other day, so I redownloaded it and was disappointed to find that the controls were still sluggish and unresponsive. Needless to say, it's been deleted again.

There are better games to play.