Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 08-19-2013, 09:28 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Friend Studios View Post
Sorry Primoz,

I thought you were a developer for a second Those are just you favorite iOS games currently, correct?
Of course haha.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:05 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

With the game series like Elder Scrolls, or even Heretic/Hexen, I'm surprised there's not any clones on iOS.

Eternal Throne or Malum Umbra might be along the lines of what you're seeking. I haven't played them to give any impressions.

You are likely already aware of Mission Europa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
It's called Catacomb Abbys in the Aemula oldies app. Great game!
Catacomb Abbys does look awesome, I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the lead.

Last edited by undeadcow; 08-19-2013 at 10:11 AM..
Old 08-19-2013, 10:17 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
With the game series like Elder Scrolls, or even Heretic/Hexen, I'm surprised there's not any clones on iOS.

Eternal Throne or Malum Umbra might be along the lines of what you're seeking. I haven't played them to give any impressions.

You are likely already aware of Mission Europa. Catacomb Abbys does look awesome, I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the lead.
Mission Europa is awesome, but I prefered Necromancer rising. But those games don't have a tile-based map, so that's not what I'm looking for right now.

Catacomb Abbys is a really great and deep game, but I think I'm gonna play it on PC, because of the controls.

I'll check the two games you suggested, thanks.

Edit: eternal throne might be just what I'm looking for... I can't find Malum umbra on the AppStore. Did it get pulled?

Edit 2: now that you mentioned Hexen, I'm pretty sure it got ported to iOS... It was hexen II, I think. Did it get pulled too?

Last edited by Primoz; 08-19-2013 at 10:45 AM..
Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Edit: eternal throne might be just what I'm looking for... I can't find Malum umbra on the AppStore. Did it get pulled?
If you do give Eternal Throne a try, I'll be curious to see how you find it.

I don't see Malum Umbra either, I can't even find a page on AppShopper (which usually caches pulled apps). Although it's now obvious Malum Umbra is unavaliable, here is the Touch Arcade forum fwiw: forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=53953

Quote:
Edit 2: now that you mentioned Hexen, I'm pretty sure it got ported to iOS... It was hexen II, I think. Did it get pulled too?
I'm not familiar with Hexen/Heretic on iOS; it's got an avaliable source code and The Blasphemer Project community has provided free open access art design. I'm surprised no one has done much with it but it does seem ripe for mobile porting.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
If you do give Eternal Throne a try, I'll be curious to see how you find it.

I don't see Malum Umbra either, I can't even find a page on AppShopper (which usually caches pulled apps). Although it's now obvious Malum Umbra is unavaliable, here is the Touch Arcade forum fwiw: forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=53953

I'm not familiar with Hexen/Heretic on iOS; it's got an avaliable source code and The Blasphemer Project community has provided free open access art design. I'm surprised no one has done much with it but it does seem ripe for mobile porting.
Hmm... I guess I'll have to find an .ipa file of Malum umbra somewhere (all hail the jailbreak!), also, sorry dev.

I just found a TA video of Hexen II on youtube... So it existed at some point. And so did Heretic.