Spelldom - town building strategy word game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JudZone, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Hi Everyone!

I’m part of the two-man indie game studio, HangZone, and our upcoming game, Spelldom, is currently in beta. We have spent almost two years making this game, our third title, and we would love for you to take a look at it!

Spelldom offers a never-before-seen take on the strategy game genre. And on the word game genre! We’ve crafted a rich town management experience, where you can build-up your defenses and strategically position them to defend your Castle. You won’t be defending against the usual sort of barbarians that love to disrupt virtual civilizations. No, these are the Dark Elves we’re talking about. They attack with words--Magical words. They’ll enter through your town’s Portal, spelling words around and over your defenses in an attempt to crush your Castle. All those word games you’ve played over the years were just to get you ready for this. Get revenge on the Dark Elves, form powerful teams with your friends, and battle against the top players from around the world!

Let me break that down:
    You attack by spelling words, not by deploying troops.
    You start on the Portal, navigate the defenses, and crush your opponent’s Castle for the win!
    You take home your loot, improve your own town, and celebrate the victory with your teammates!

We plan to launch as an App Store exclusive toward the end of the summer, with a soft launch in the coming month. Please feel free to post any thoughts or comments that you have! :)

Attached Files:

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
  3. Yes--we're happy to add you to the beta! We are putting out an update for it later today, and we'll add you right after we push it out. Should be later this afternoon.

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Thank you! It crashes when I attempt to open it on my 5c. Is my phone too old?

5. The 5c should be fine--we have other users in the beta test on that device. There must be an issue with the new update. I'll send you an email to see if we can figure it out.

6. bandor

bandor New Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Co-Founder of HangZone
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey guys, we cleaned-up the last update, so I took a break from the code to record some footage of the Daily Game mode. You won't find any defenses here--just an open town and a lot of gems!

7. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Im not Canadian, but I do have a Canada account, and I am loving this game. It is a blast. I can't wait for world wide release. There are IAPs, but I have not needed them to play the game. And there is a lot of strategy involved. Well done!

8. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Oh, wow, I'm just seeing this--it looks awesome! Definitely keeping an eye out for it.

9. PBSNellie--I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying the game!
    Valencia--we can't wait for you to try it out soon! Spelldom is releasing globally Wednesday, October 21 so it won't be too long :)

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Will my current game transfer over globally? Do I need to log in to Facebook for this to happen? I don't mind because I have a good game going and don't want to lose it.

11. There shouldn't be any issues as long as you keep playing on the same version of spelldom that you have. If you delete the app and then download from the US store instead, there may be an issue if you don't have any other games from HangZone. You can always just link with Facebook though, and that will protect you from any account issues.
    If you run into any issues just let me know and I'll be happy to fix it :)