Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Me too Air/Mountain. I think both times, but I did try Sandstorm/Cold almost as often.

2. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Eclipse - Lunar/Solar

May I point out that if you need a 2nd Lunar Eclipse or display egg, a Lunar E can be bred with a Solar E - 50/50 chance for each.

3. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    I finally hatched my first this morning too..and I agree, I think she has a sweet disposition for being so large. I've decided to name her Fluffy. :p

So I popped Fluffy back on the island to mate with my Darkside, Solar Eclipse...lo and behold, got another Lunar Eclipse :D (used gems to get to hatchery). Actually, the two look so cute together on the island, going to let them snog again :p

4. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Lol! Good one there Eugekava!

I don't believe they do. Their shelf life is very short (1 week in NY stores here), so they can't really export their products to Australia without the risk of expiring.

5. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    I really appreciate your harsh opinion about Naked. I need to see the other side of the story to Naked other than the "natural" aspects of it in order to get a good picture. Thank you so much!

Naked as an infant is a really interesting concept. I never really thought about it that way. Most of my college friends just refer to Naked as upbeat, alive, etc. My group and I need to create an advertising campaign (just the storyboard) and a slogan, so this concept can really help with our project.

Thank you so much for the feedback everyone! Keep them coming if you have them!

I just wish I could gift you back still on DV, it's still crashing on me every time so I could never get to your names (which are always at the end of my list). Grrr!!

6. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I HATE Crystal dragons!!!!!!!

7. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I've almost resigned myself to the fact that I will never get a gold Olympus. 4 silver, 7 bronze and countless crystals. :(

8. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    after another fail, i took another break myself. Decided to just get the display egg for the lunar eclipse, reindeer and forge dragons.

9. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm in the same boat. Just got another Crystal fail today. Weird thing to me is that when the Olys were first released everyone thought they were limited because of the Olympics. Before BFS announced they were permanent I was able to breed 1 Gold, 2 Silvers and 2 Bronzes. Since then the second Gold Oly has been impossible. I wonder if the odds changed.

10. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    There's no way it's the 10.5% the sandbox says it is.

11. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Wait a minute why did you get a crystal fail? Can't you breed the gold you have and a bronze/silver and have a 50% chance? Or have i been doing it wrong?

according to sandbox you have a 50% chance with a gold/bronze or silver combo.

12. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #7352 girlpower, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    Re Gold Oly

Hey guys,
    Just a query here, but those of you who have one Gold Oly and are trying for a second......have you tried to breed your gold with a silver Oly?

I've had two of each for ages now, but I'm 99% sure I got my second Gold with this combo when I wa actually trying to get my second silver with them as I'm sure the breeding sandbox said it was a 50/50 chance of either?

Just a thought that may be of help, sending good luck vibes your way ;)

Hopefully cooking my second Lunar, again in EBI with same combo as first one,
    although after a few fails I tried reversing the order and bingo! :D
    So this time it was in the order of cold/sandstorm
    Good luck to this still needing theirs :)

EDIT UPDATE
    ^ Great minds think alike N3sty5 LOL

13. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    According to the Sandbox, breeding a Silver Oly and Gold Oly only has a 2% chance of yielding a Gold Oly with each fail being 36 hrs. The only time I've bred Gold and Silver Olys was when I was going for my second Silver and Silver display egg. Both times I got Silver Oly. Can anyone else confirm 50/50 chance when breeding Olys?

14. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    #7354 N3sty5, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    :D

-----------
    what's December gem stone?

and can any one can confirm this please, so not to waste more time with the gold/silver oly combo.

ok according to sandbox sim if you breed gold and bronze oly together you have a 1/100 chance to get Gold Oly :(

15. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    I don't know what the odds are....but I also got my second Gold Oly by breeding a Gold Oly with a Silver Oly. It did take a few times...

And as of 9 hrs ago Backflip Studio has not told us yet the new gem dragon coming this Saturday :eek:

16. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #7356 Foxtail2010, Nov 30, 2012
    Gold Oly

I gave up on using Gold & Silver Olys to get a Gold because the Sandbox Simulator comes up with 10 Silver out of 10 tries almost everytime. And Sandbox's Combo Finder doesn't list Olympics dragons in any breeding combos for Gold Olys. Not sure if this changed from earlier because I remember we talked about it being possible so I worked on it a while but then turned to Sandbox. Maybe I'm misreading it?

Edit-
    Ok it's not 50/50. 1 in 100 tries on Simulator gave up a Gold. That's pretty sick when waiting 28-35 hours each time to find out.

All I want is the Gold Oly display egg! And still trying for a second Seasonal too. This is turning out to be almost as difficult as my first Rainbow. Almost.

17. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #7357 Foxtail2010, Nov 30, 2012
    Turquoise and Zircon. I'm a Decemberist :).

Edit:
    Oh and I see Tanzanite (?) was added 10 years ago. Two stones weren't enough?

Edit2:
    I finally got the last piece and summoned Kairos (Yay- no more races)... wow. Love when he "breathes fire". The quests didn't bring in any new pieces. And I still have a quest underway even though he's on the perch. And I'm still not sure how he "works". Lol

Seems like there should be a Kairos flag/banner - cobalt with the infinity symbol.

Sorry everyone for the earlier grumbling! Can't complain so much now that I have Kairos completed. :D

18. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Go to the Sandbox and use the second tab called Combo Finder. Select Gold Olympus for the first two option finds....and search.

It will then list all the combinations possible that may produce Olympus Gold. Take your pick on which pairs you want to take your chances with. You many notice that all combos give a 10% chance in tries to get what you want. It's what makes the Gold Olympus an epic....:eek:

Hope this helps:)

19. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Right thanks... those are the combos to use when seeking a first Gold Oly...

So if the simulator/combo finder is believable, any of these combos seem better (10% odds) than using Gold/Silver (1%). 100 breedings with Gold/Silver Oly only resulted in 1-2 Gold.
    -BUT- think I'll keep trying with Gold/Silver since some of you guys got it that way. :D

20. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    I think the sandbox percentages for Olympus dragons are misleading. I think it's a 10% chance to get an Olympus at all and then within that you have like a 10% or less chance of getting a gold, so 1% overall. After almost 2 months of trying off and on with air + quake I have gotten numerous bronze and silver, but even 3 sandstorm, a fairly rare dragon.

To sum up, I hate Gold Olympus.