Site Running Slow on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by macatron, Jan 26, 2011.

1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well, first off, let me just say that I LOVE your site, and your forums are some of my favorite stomping grounds online. However, over the last few days, I've noticed a HUGE slowdown in overall site performance when viewing from my iPhone 4. It seems to affect your primary site more than your forums, but the overall scroll and zoom speeds are just super slow and laggy as of the last couple of days. Now, just to make sure, I've tried running your site in both Safari and iCab mobile (my browser if choice), and the performance is identical. I also tried closing out of all running apps and doing a hard reset, but that didn't make any difference. With that said, I've tried plenty of other sites, and they all work as they should, so I'm going to have to believe that something changed directly on your site that is slowing everything down (could be the current background, or maybe a new ad). Either way though, if you could please let me know one way or another about this bring worked on, or if others are having similar issues I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I notice this on my iPad too. Usually killing the other processes works for me though.

3. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
  4. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Hey, thanks for the heads up. I didn't perform a straightup search, but I didn't see anything recent on the site feed back thread so that's why I posted up. Just for the record, though, I only started noticing the laggy performance over the last week or so. Maybe it does have something to do with the ads on the site.

5. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    No problem. And as Paradiso said, I think the lag is just having other stuff running. Having other tabs open in Safari causes massive lag as well.