Universal Zenge - Eon's journey between the worlds and time

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by chomi3, Dec 14, 2015.

1. chomi3

chomi3 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Hi guys,

I'm Mike, and I'd like to give you a sneak peak into Zenge - peculiar puzzle game I'm working on.

Gameplay teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgSlVXCud54

Zenge tells the story of Eon, a lonely journeyman who's stuck between the worlds and time.

It's literally a puzzle game.
    And I mean it! It's a REAL puzzle game, where you get together pieces of pictures, which at the end reveals new image :)

But there's more to it: you discover the game on your own, as no tutorial is given. Which - I sincerely hope - will give you the "aaahh! " feeling every now and then.

As you progress in the game, new features are introduced. Mirrors, rotators, teleporters and more... They keep the game fresh, the story unravels, and Eons journey continues.

Game is intended to be a meditative, relaxing experience, thus there are no points, stars, move counters, in game shops or any other distractors. Just pure, immersive journey with Eon, who tries to get broken worlds together.

Planned release: Feb/March 2016
    Developer: Hamster On Coke Games (http://hamsteroncoke.com)
    Price: 0.99$
    Supports: iPhone, iPad

Screenshot gallery:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you're good!
    Please let me know your thoughts, I'd also love to answer all your questions.

Bests,
    Mike aka Hamster On Coke

2. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Woah, that artwork is just stunning. The gameplay mechanic is interesting and you could make some pretty cool puzzles with it. 0.99 almost seems too cheap for what this looks like it'll be!
    My only gripe is from the gameplay trailer - the level titles look a little bit cheap. I don't know if it's the font or just the blank screen it's on but it'd be nice to spice up the title screens a bit :)

3. chomi3

chomi3 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Thanks for the kind words :) The game is targeted for 1-2h gameplay (depending on how clever player is), so I don't want to overprice it. 1h content = 1$ seems fair to me.

Regarding the fonts and screen between levels - you're right! It actually still awaits it's own unique touch and feeling. Or "Spicing up" :) But I'm glad you pointed this out, will work it out.

4. Dropout_Games

Dropout_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    Perfect game. Trailer should be changed.

Like i mentioned in my comment on your FB indie game promo post, the game looks very different and has great potential. However, I feel that you can make a better trailer by changing your current trailer a bit and adding the complex levels to show your game's depth better. I'm pretty sure it'll get you more views and appreciation for your hard work. Think about it and best wishes! You have my download just for the art! Will promote on our channels if the gameplay is good as well. :)

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    interesting, looking forward to this and i hope there is a little animation inside every picture at the end of each level instead of just a still picture. im sorry if there is one already but i just didnt notice by looking at the trailer.

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I see videogames as Modern Art and this game will be part of that I am sure. Just like Monument Valley was.

7. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Pure Art!

8. chomi3

chomi3 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Thanks! I believe games should take us to different worlds of infinite imagination, like books, comics, movies, good pictures or music does. I was lucky enough to find this young and talented graphic designer, who seems to share the same ideas. He's pure genious. So hey, we're very happy to hear that you like what you see!

@Dropout_Games : Hey man, you're right, next trailer will fix it, thanks.

@RedRibbon: Yeah I also think animations at the and would be awesome. That's one of the things I really hope we'll implement, if there will be enough time. You see, it's only two of us, and there's still plenty of work to do. The idea itself is lovely, and would top the game up with extra touch.

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    the game itself is already looked great. adding such feature can bring the game to the next level. so, any eta on release date?

10. chomi3

chomi3 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    It's going live on Feb-March 2016. If you'd like to get a heads-start on launch with a beta copy of the game, I'd be happy to give it out to you! Let me know.

11. yforigor

yforigor New Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Hello Chomi3, I am really excited about your game! How is it possible to participate in the beta-test?

12. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    Would definitely be interested in giving this one a shot a little bit in advance. Is a TestFlight email required?

13. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Could I also get in on a copy? Can I PM you my test flight email?

14. iamcartez

iamcartez Well-Known Member

This looks so cool. You'll get my $1 on day one. Good job!

15. chomi3

chomi3 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Hey guys, thanks for your interest.

Yeah offcourse I'd be happy to run beta-tests with you! Or rather give out couple of promo codes once the game is out. On the other hand, anyone interested in covering the game on their YT channel or blog / website / whatever you run, can get the access in advance :) Just PM me.

16. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    This looks great--I'm looking forward to snapping it up as soon as it's available!

17. chomi3

chomi3 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Zenge - final countdown trailer [PUZZLE GAME]

Hi folks,

You may remember Zenge from the Toucharcade short announcement article: http://toucharcade.com/2015/12/14/zenge-trailer/

Today I'd like to share a new trailer with you. It reveals how the comic-like story is entwined within the gameplay. It also shows off some game features you will encounter while playing :)

The game is scheduled to go out in 2nd half of march 2016. I'll try confirm exact launch date anytime soon.

Please let me know your thoughts!
    Bests,
    Mike

18. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    Looking good. Art style is nice, and while I don't expect he puzzles to be too difficult it looks like there are some interesting mechanics.

19. chomi3

chomi3 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Thanks.
    You're right, the puzzles are not too difficult, but each level is different, so the game challenges you in the pleasant, not obvious way.

It also requires you to think, as mechanics present in the game created very interesting level design possibilities.

As far as I can tell (and I tested the game on a pretty big bunch of people) everyone is sucked in and finishes the game in 1, maybe 2 attempts :D Which is, being honest with you - absolutely amazing stuff to watch :)