Coming In April: My Ocean for the iphone and Android

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DigitalPlay, Mar 13, 2011.

1. DigitalPlay

DigitalPlay Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Support Guy for Digital Play
    Seoul, South Korea
    #1 DigitalPlay, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
    Hey Touch Arcade Guys and Girls!

My Ocean:
    Yes, you guessed it. In honor of all you Aquarium Junkies and Fish Lovers out there I bring you "MY OCEAN"!!
    A Free/Freemium game due out in SEPTEMBER. :)
    So our crafty programmers here at Digital Play have cooked up a great Social/Casual Game focused on breeding fish and MANY other sea creatures (including wide varieties of reef fish, mantas, stingrays, seahoreses, sea turtles, sharks, whales sharks, dolphins, etc). Though sadly, for those of us, I mean, those of you, with Little Mermaid fetishes, there won't be any of the sexier aquatic friends to play with.

What we have worked hard on doing is setting ourselves apart from the other fish/breeding games out there by really giving you a fun game with GREAT 3D graphics in FULL HD and REALISTIC fish and sea creature movements and animations, not to mention dynamic and addictive gameplay!

Release Date and Platforms:
    -September 2011 for iOS(iphone 3G and iPodTouch 3 Gen or newer) and Android (Android V2.2 "Froyo")
    -September 2011 for Ipad and Android smart pads
    -November for PC/MAC
    -November for a downloadable screensaver featuring YOUR Aquarium or Ocean for you PC or MAC.

Here's a great time to plug our nifty Website:
    http://myocean.digiple.com/

Here are our first two videos:

EPISODE 1: Features "Fish Romance" aka, breeding fish:

EPISODE 2: Shows the progression you can make from your first tiny aquarium to Massive aquariums with HUGE fish and sea creatures, all the way to your very own OCEAN that you can decorate to your hearts desire.

Digital Play:
    We are a small, relatively new company based out of Seoul, South Korea trying to make our mark in the competitive Casual/Social Gaming App world. Our mad developers have been locked up in their containment tanks, producing the best in Graphics, Game Mechanics and Social Gaming all set in the undersea world of Aquariums and Oceans (Don't worry, we throw them a few sardines at feeding time.)

We figured that farm animals, zoo animals and frogs have been done to death and the while there are a few fun aquarium/ocean themed games out there they tend to have dated cartoony graphics or unrealistic animations. So, since one of our top designers is a real world Aquarium Junkie/Guru we figured that a fish/sea creature breeding game with realistic graphics that lets you live out your Aquarium and Ocean fantasies would be a good bet and a lot of fun to boot. (No, no, there are no mermaids, this isn't THAT kind of game! Sorry guys... :D ).

Here's a whiff of what we've been cooking up:

1. Raising and Breeding: Start out raising and breeding a wide variety of fish and later all kinds of sea creatures, including sea horses, sharks, octopuses, whales eventually dolphins and turtles.

2. Build Your Collection: Raise these creatures in a tanks ranging from small to huge, breeding new animals to sell, give to friends as gifts and building a complete and diverse collection that you can show off to your friends.

3. Social Gaming: Share your success with your friends either by boasting about how awesome you are and how much they suck (Okay, that isn't nice, but it's SOOO FUN!) or you can be cool and give your friends fishy gifts of rare sea creatures and help them by cleaning their tanks or feeding their fish. Don't you feel better about yourself now?

4. Bigger and Better: Next, you can release your creatures into your very own OCEAN! or more accurately......."MY OCEAN". Okay, okay, you saw that one coming, but seriously you can have your very own Ocean stocked with any sea creatures you want. Yeah are you thinking what I'm thinking? SHARK OCEAN!

5. Create and Decorate: Last but not least we allow you to fully decorate both your aquariums and your undersea world with various themes. Stick with the traditional seascapes of coral reefs or go for a touch of mystery with sunken ships, crashed planes, lost cities or even alien spaceships. The possibilities are endless.

Thanks guys, Drop me a line:
    I'll leave you guys with that for now. If you guys have any feed back drop a line here or hit me up on Twitter or Facebook (you can access those on our website I posted further up next to the references to the mermaid with the great set of shells.)

-Nick the Digital Play Support Guy.
    Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...69068559800094
    Twitter: @MyOceanGame
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalPlay

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    EDIT: nvm

Game looks good. Will check it out when released.

3. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    My sister gonna love this!

Some questions:
    -Can this game be played offline?
    -Are you going to put achievements in the game?

-So... no mermaids??? WRY 8'C

4. DigitalPlay

DigitalPlay Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    #4 DigitalPlay, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    Hey guys thanks for the positive feedback! :D

Crex, I appreciate you trying to help me with the youtube link. I didn't see your post (in my email notification) and stumbled around a while like a drunken monkey, but I eventually figured it out. (Hey, congrats on that top 10 poll and making it on the front page. Pretty sweet! )

NateJeevas, thanks, I hope our graphics and diversity of creatures and game play options will make you and your sister happy gamers.

Now to answer your questions:

1) You will need an internect connection of some sort to play since a large part of "My Ocean" is social gaming where you can interact with your friends in various ways. Because of this, a fair amount of user data is saved on our server to allow friends to interact with each others aquariums/oceans and sea creatures even if you are not playing at that moment.

2) That's a big YES on achievements!! :) As you already know, like in pretty much every other game out there achievements are an important part of gaming to allow players see the results of their hard work and to reflect their skills in various aspects of the game. Achievement mark cool milestones in your game play and so for instance we want to reward you for breeding large number of certain kinds of fish, collecting all the fish of a certain species and unlocking special and rare creatures etc.

Our initial release My Ocean 1.0 will have limited achievements due to our focus on creating awesome fish-tastic graphics. However, a lot of hard work is going into building up the Ocean aspect of the game which in some sense is like an achievement. You get far enough along and you can move on from aquariums to releasing your fish and sea creatures into your own personal ocean, and like I said in my first post you will be able to decorate the heck out that your ocean environment, creating something totally unique. ;)
    I'm hoping to see oceans of sharks.

3) Mermaids...ah...mermaids. You and me both brother...you and me both. Sushi never looked so good. Half fish, ALL woman! :) Sadly, mermaids probably won't make an appearance. But I will put in a good word with the boss. hehe :D

5. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Would I be correct in assuming that this will be a freemium game?

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Looks really nice. I really don't like games where you have to be online to play them at all, but I also have no interest in commenting , chatting or trading/giving stuff to friends. If I can simply do the other things-breeding, growing my fish, etc., other aspects without having to be online I'd still definitely be interested in checking this out, though. When do you expect this to come out and how much is it gonna cost?

7. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    Yeah, many of us are iPod Touch owners who doesn't always have internet connection, so if you can make it playable offline, it will be awesome! But don't sweat it out, just something to be considered. C:

8. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Thnx. If you need help about anything else on here just PM me or leave me a visitor message. :)

9. DigitalPlay

DigitalPlay Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    Hey guys,

Thanks again Crex, really appreciated. They should make you the Ambassador around here :)

For Dazarath, Bigrand1 and NateJeevas:

1) Dazarath had it right. "My Ocean" will come out as a "Freemium" game.

2) Bigrand1, the game is due out around mid April for the iOS and Android devices. We will be releasing for other smart pads, PC, Mac a little later.
    We will also eventually release an option to download your own aquarium/ocean as a screen saver for your computer. :)

3) NateJeevas and Bigrand1: Sorry, I hear what you are saying. But as of now we have no plans for an offline game but you never know. ;) I will pass along your comments to the team.

10. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    haha. One can only dream...... Anyways, I have a question. I know this game has to do with breeding and collecting and all, but I was wondering if there are fish in the game that feed on other fish.

11. Sandrem

Sandrem Active Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Wow....How beautiful the ocean is! Awesome graphics! Raising and breeding various fishes will be much fun.:)
    I'll check it out for sure after its release. Really love this!

12. DigitalPlay

DigitalPlay Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    Awesome!

Thanks Superbenne, Lucyishan and Sandrem!!! !:cool:
    We are working really hard on getting the game finished.

I will be posting a new video very soon. You can see it first on our website after it is released:

Correction: I misspoke when I said the I pad version comes out at the same time as the version for i phones, ipod touch, and Android phones. Our initial release is mid April and the Ipad and other smart pad versions will release around summer (could be earlier as we are burning the midnight oil ...).

Crex: Well funny you should ask, I was just asking the boss about this last week as I was wondering how we were going to feed sharks in the game. I couldn't imagine them just eating normal fish food that we give the other fish. :)
    He said they will try to come up with something interesting. But as for fish or sharks eating other fish, that isn't in the game yet. But you never know as time goes on. It is a feature I personally would like to see as it might add some strategy in that you would have to be careful which fish you put together (just like real life). But it will have to wait as they are working on finishing up the main features for the game release next month. But I like the way you think. :D

13. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Cant wait for this! love these type of games, Any idea on price????

14. DigitalPlay

DigitalPlay Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    #14 DigitalPlay, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
    New video :)

Hey Gang!

Here is our LATEST VIDEO:

Or you can watch both our videos on our website here:

About our game progression:
    Our newest video shows the progression you can make during the game, starting with a single small tank and gradually building up to HUGE TANKS and to your OWN OCEAN filled with unique, interesting and lifelike sea animals. Plus you can decorate your ocean how ever you want.
    Keep in mind you can zoom in on any of those tanks to look at individual fish, even in the ocean.

The Competition:
    As all of you know there are a lot of great casual game apps out there for farming, zoo's, frogs, butterflies, etc... and even a lot of aquarium and fish breeding/collecting games. BUT.....

What sets us apart:
    What we wanted our latest video to do is give you a look at how we are trying to set ourselves apart. We're creating a game that not only features addictive fun and dynamic game play, but also has the best quality 3D Graphics and the most realistic fish and sea creature animations that you will see in breeding/raising and collecting social games of this type.

Some Basic Stats:
    * My Ocean will be released next month in mid April
    * It will be a FREE (Freemium) game.
    * Initial release will be for iOS ( iphone 3G and iPodTouch 3 Gen or newer)
    and Android V2.2 "Froyo".
    * Later releases will come out in summer for Ipad and other smart pads as well as playability on Windows and Mac PC's.
    * We hope to have a late summer release for a downloadable screensaver of your favorite Tank/Ocean for your computer.
    * Yes, don't worry, MY OCEAN is full of AWESOME! :D

-Nick, the Digital Play Support Guy
    Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=169068559800094

15. ipod's rock

ipod's rock Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NOOOOOOO!!!! I am a BIG Aquarium junkie and I really need this game, but I do not have wifi at the moment and I only have a 2nd gen iPod:(

But it does look really, really cool and fun

16. DigitalPlay

DigitalPlay Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    #16 DigitalPlay, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
    Ipod's Rock-
    Yeah sorry about that. You can still download it for any iphone or Ipod touch, however unless you meet the specs I mentioned you will notice very laggy game play.

If you guys have any comments or suggestions we'd love to hear them. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nick, the Digital Play Support Guy
    Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...69068559800094

17. DigitalPlay

DigitalPlay Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    Free vs. Premium

Some information about Free vs Premium:
    We strongly believe in making a game that is FUN and enjoyable for everyone, paying or non paying. If we make the game too limited for free customers they will quickly lose interest. To be totally honest the Freemium game model needs a LOT of players to be successful. You can only get a LOT of players by making a fun, dynamic, good looking game that has TONS OF CONTENT for both FREE players and Paying players.

So you will be able to get TONS of fish and even huge sea creatures and huge tanks and your own ocean as a Free player.

Paying members will be able to open up a few more unique fish species as well as more HUGE and special creatures. Also paying members will get more decorations and be able to purchase growth potions that speed up the maturity rate of fish and evolution elixirs that give you a greater chance of your fish producing the next variation when they breed. Plus extras like a few special tanks and helpful sea creatures like tank cleaning shrimp etc.

But the bottom line is that you WILL be able to do TONS of things as a free member and we are aiming to create a fun and engaging game.

We REALLY welcome feedback and want to hear from you guys. We plan TONS of updates after the games initial release. We have a lot in store! :)

Nick
    MyOcean

18. gameview

gameview Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Awesome dude! Looking forward to its release.

19. DigitalPlay

DigitalPlay Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    Thanks...

Yeah I hope everyone will think the game is as awesome as we do. We are working hard on it hoping that we can really blow peoples minds with its quality. :)

We should also be coming out with a new video in a week or two as well.

Keep in mind we will be adding a LOT more content even after our initial release.

Thanks guys,

Nick

20. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Many freemium games force the player to log in at specific times in order to prevent crops or whatever from spoiling. I wanted to ask if My Ocean would have a similar mechanic. I enjoy freemium games, but not ones that turn into a part-time job.