Damnit, Appshopper....!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, May 13, 2011.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #1 KiddToKmart, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
    -edited-

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    You can check the "new games" tab at the top of the site. It also lists new games and price drops.

3. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    That wasn't my point, my friend - not sure if you read my 'rant' through properly... hehe.

I end up having to refresh the forums more often than relying on automatic notifications on my iPhone to be notified about price drops and sales - which is a bit more of a pain. AppShopper lists new games and price drops, yes - my point was that they are excruciatingly delayed these days (refer to the examples I mentioned above). I wanted to know if there were any other alternate sites which did the same, more effectively.

4. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

You're not going to find anything better than AppShopper.

Instead of ranting, you might consider being grateful it exists at all.

5. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011

I am indeed grateful it exists - perhaps I should have made my intentions of posting this a bit more clear. I was simply trying to find a website which updated quicker (or to know if one existed).

6. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I spend about one or two minutes checking the latest specials for Popular game every morning. If you can't find 2 minutes of your life to do that then you have no right in complaining.

7. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    On the contrary, I check in on the forums quite often.
    I turn to sites and/or apps like AppShopper because the information a) is often more consolidated than the forums and b) they offer information about price drops on not only games, but Applications (which are hardly discussed on TA).

Anyhow - the way I phrased my original post was a bit haphazard and I apologize for that - this thread was going in a direction differently than what I intended. Editing out my main post.

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #8 Coldar, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
    You should re-edit your post because the main summary of it was ranting about AppShopper and only 2 sentences on finding a different site. Think you'll get more appropriate responses to what your looking for.
    I'm quite happy with that app personally.

(your title doesn't help much either:rolleyes:)

9. mkjate

mkjate Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    You just vent angry to appshopper's bro.:p

10. Mivo

Mivo Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Germany
    When I saw the subject title, I thought it would be a tongue-in-cheek comment about how it causes you to buy a lot of price-dropped 99c apps. :) That's certainly my "problem" with it!

11. stonery

stonery Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Editor
    Neverland
    It is normal for the delay in Appshopper. Can't help it.

12. Terpentine Cat

Terpentine Cat Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Salzburg, Austria
    I also use Appsfire, but I never checked if notifications are any faster. Maybe you could try it out?

http://appsfire.com/