Am I missing somthing or is a playbook terrible device?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Markku, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    My mom wants a iPad 2 like the one I have but dosent have the cash however the playbook is 299.99 so she bought it, app world a joke? Or am I using it wrong? For example I searched wwe and got nothing I searched NHL I got like 7 apps compared to the apple store this is pathetic.

Also it seems games are worse on the playbook aswell..

Anyways should she return this?

She got it for reading books and checking her email/Facebook

2. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    If checking her email and reading books on it works for her, I don't see a reason to return it. Nothing compares to the app store in terms of apps, but if that's not why she got it, and it works for what she wants, I'd say she saved $200

Or wait three months (when the iPad 3 is rumoured to be coming out) and get the iPad 2 at a reduced price.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    My dad uses the Playbook. I personally think it's an awful and disgusting device, but he only uses it for FB/Twitter/Email/YouTube, and it works diligently for him for those services.

4. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #4 earthclaw, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    Actually the playbook is rather awesome for the price...you can run dosbox and windows 3.1 games(wolfenstien 3d) etc....there is alot of things that can be done to the device to make it really enjoyable.

In a few months the new Quad core I.C.S. tablets will be out...they are going to be amazeing :D Apple needs to step up there game and soon...

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yes. You are missing the word "a". Also the letter "e".

;)

6. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    My understanding is that Apple has 500,000 apps and Android has 200,0000, but Android appears much more fractured. I don't know about the Playbook, but I don't even believe that 20% of Android apps are available on the Amazon AppStore, which is what the Kindle Fire uses. That particular AppStore really is a joke. The AppStore associated with the Playbook could certainly be similar.

7. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I think I read on Engadget that the new Playbook 2.0 software they unveiled at CES will allow the installing of Android apps, so there's always that.

8. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

Blackberry products don't run on andriod, though supposedly the playbook can run a limited number of andriod apps it doesn't do so natively. Personally I think it's the worst tablet product on the market.

9. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    You could return it and get an iPad 1 for that amount of money if you want

10. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Didn't you post this on GameFAQs too? XD

11. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

The Transformer Prime os already out, and has quad core.

12. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Android market just passed 400,000 apps. A little research wouldn't kill you before posting.