Apps crash

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tdoto, Oct 22, 2009.

1. tdoto

tdoto Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Certain apps that i have downloaded (ie firemint real racing) load the logo and crash back to the iphone menu anyone experience this or have a solution without deleting my settings and apps?

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Did you try restarting your iphone after you install the apps?

And sometimes with some of these games, you need to restart your device before you start playing in order to free up some memory.

3. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

#3 Fazzy, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    It seems Apple has removed apps like MemoryInfo and Free Memory, but I would have suggested those. For now just restart your iphone.

EDIT: I think this one works
    System Activity Monitor

4. mek

mek Well-Known Member

haven't experienced any app crashes or OS crashes in the last few months thankfully

but i have experience a bug in The Music App by apple, the audio control sticks, as in you try to slide it and adjust the volume of the music, and the control bounces back... not changing the level of the audio, i have noticed it happening more and more, ever since OS 3.0

normally a restart of the device fixes this, but i find it happens every other day or so

5. tdoto

tdoto Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    thanks for the quick response its really weird i restored my iphone via itunes and loaded my backup and real racing started working but now homerun battle wont work and yeah i reset the iphone 3gs everytime i dl an application

6. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    Same hing happend to me, but it pisses me off some times

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i thought it was just my device, as i also have some dead pixels sprawling horrizontally,

I have a first generation ipod touch, i forget the week of production, but it was January of 07 that i purchased it directly from Apple.

it seems like a Software glitch, it would be interesting to find out who else experiences it, so that Apple can become aware of it, and patch it hopefully in 3.12

8. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    I have a 2g, and your dead pixels might just be from overuse maybe

9. tdoto

tdoto Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    guys this topic is getting out of hand concentrate on me lol j/k

also anyone with a 3gs know if they close all programs by clicking the sleep button and holding button if it should go back to the first page of the home screen or if it goes back to the same home page screen that you were on? :eek::confused::confused::confused:

10. Firestar

Firestar Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Hmm. Sounds like you're either jailbroken or have pirated those apps. If it's the latter, then no-one will help you, otherwise good luck! I haven't jbed, so I don't know how to fix it.

And the world, by the way, does not revolve around you.

11. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    OMG. I thought I was the only one getting this on my Touch 2G. Happened to me waaay back when i was in Software 2.0, and I thought it was a random occurence. But it happens to my father's 3G iPhone nearly every month. The easiest way is to install another graphically intensive app (like Trace or JellyCar). That's what I've found - it's probably some weird bug with OpenGL?

12. tdoto

tdoto Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    thanks appreciate it

and to the other poster never JB or plan to, like to keep my iphone fresh without pirated stuff incase it bricks it

13. tdoto

tdoto Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    downloaded trace. HR Battle still doesnt work :( It was working good b4 :(

14. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Me toooo!

15. tdoto

tdoto Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    anyone having this frustrating problem?

16. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Just to clear up a few points for you: Jailbreaking is not pirating, and it is not possile to brick your device.

17. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Not to start a polemic, but I once tried jailbreak on my 3G, and it was overall way much slower than the original OS.
    Plus all the add banners everywhere.
    I just reinstalled original OS a few hours later.

I'm not saying that JB is hostile, but I wouldn't blindly trust it.

At least, not as the original OS.

18. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

I don't know WHAT you tried to install, with banners?
    You need to know what you are doing, it's not for dummies.
    It is still the same OS. You are just allowing yourself out of the security sandbox the mobile user account is in.

19. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    the entire Cydia thing had banners.

And it is not the same OS : it is a hacked OS. Makes a big difference about trusting it to my eyes.

Hacked softwares do generally contain a lot more hostile hidden things (virus, spywares, etc) than their original. That's a fact.

This sole fact can't let me trust such an OS blindly.