★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Upcoming Platform Game: Suzy Cube

09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Suzy Cube Update: September 22, 2017

A shorty this week. Check my blog post if you want more details:
https://louardongames.blogspot.com/2...r-22-2017.html

For the rest of you... This week was mostly spent decorating a couple levels. I lost a day to some first aid training but still managed to finish off a decoration pass on World 3..

Level 3-3 got a bunch of doodads and greebles thrown about. I know it probably looks pretty mindless, but I'm always careful not to let the decorations interfere with gameplay. Whenever possible, in fact, I strive to enhance the gameplay with the use of props. The patches of dark stones, of instance, should help to highlight the way forward.

The narrow walkways of the World 3 boss level made decoration a bit trickier. It was, basically, impossible to add any props to the walkways without getting in the player's way. I ended up opting for rocky blocks on the back wall and the occasional snow patch along the path. At least the goal area got a few decorative touches to compensate.

Finally, I messed up my timezones and flaked on my meeting with Noodlecake... :-[
After much apologizing, we've rescheduled for Monday. I'm excited and anxious to start working in parallel with them to see how their contributions will help the game along.
Well, that's all I've got for you folks this week. See you all next time!