iPhone Kingdom Rush Frontiers - (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    On sale for a buck right now. First time at this price iirc.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Game is easily worth $10 with the amount I've played it and the level of polish. Haven't seen another 2d TD game with such fluid animations and fun gameplay to boot.

Anyhow, that's my comment to entice anyone who hasn't bought it already. Makes it on my top 3 list of mobile games ever made and my number one "indie" (if it is indie) franchise.

3. AnOtHeRMiRaGe

AnOtHeRMiRaGe Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Not sure if this has been asked already but I do have the SD version and want to go for HD. Will my progress be lost?

4. IronhideGames

IronhideGames Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Game developers
    Montevideo, Uruguay
  5. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Ironhide, for the love of god, make the next sequel a universal app. It's 2014, even low budget games are making universal games that support iCloud. The age of HD and non-HD apps died off long ago. There's no excuse anymore. I passed on this great title simply because I want to be able to play it on the iPad and iPhone and am required to purchase it twice to do that, and I can't continue where I left off with the other device.

6. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    This.

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    You guys are missing out if you're not buying it simply because it's not universal. It's one of the best games on all of the appstore and yeah it sucks it isn't universal but you're missing out on hours and hours of great fun and amazing replayability.

8. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    LMAO

I just did the opposite with Man at Arms (another great game). That dev will send you the code for the iphone version if you buy the ipad! I loved the game that much that I paid for the Iphone version to support the game.

Everyones situation is different but you are missing out on one of THE best games on the Ipad for the sake of pride. Have a think about it and if the answer is still no...buy Man at Arms instead lol

9. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Oh, I bought it and the first on launch day and played until I had 5 stars on every stage. I cherish the games. It is just very unfortunate that I can't play a few rounds on my lunch break on my iPhone before playing the full game on the iPad at home. That's all. I'd gladly spend more for a universal version of the game with cross saving (Like $5-6 bucks, probably?) but I won't spend money on a phone version that doesn't pull in my save from the iPad. There's no good reason to play two save files of the game at the same time on different devices.

Oh, and in general, saves that back up! I sucked everything out of the game and left it on my device for months before deleting to make space for something else - and my save was lost when the new level update hit. Boo! Boo I say!

10. volta

volta New Member

Apr 14, 2014
    What's the best free hero? According to which criterion heroes get points to level-up abilities?

11. IronhideGames

IronhideGames Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Game developers
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush Frontiers endless mode!

Hi everyone!!

Endless mode for Kingdom Rush & Kingdom Rush Frontiers is COMING SOON!

[​IMG]

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Bah posted on the iPad one. Anyway endless sounds interesting luckily I still have frontiers installed .

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome news

14. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    OMG I WANT. I love this game so much. :D

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I dunno how I missed the latest news but NEW UPDATE IS OUT! My favorite iOS game.

I'm so excited to try this! One new campaign level and ENDLESS! Not sure how it works but it sounds insanely fun. Only thing I'm disappointed about is no new hero but I don't mind too much with how big the update is :)

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Woot Woot!!!

Too bad I had to delete it to make room a while ago for new games. But I don't have a problem reinstalling and starting over for the 3rd time :) Love these games

Good looking out bro

17. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Anubis is not in encyclopedia?

18. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Any tips for Bonersburg? I'm basically boned once the first moon appears and zombies start swarming the place.

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Updated with icloud support.

I don't use icloud at all but I downloaded it just for the updated icon. I wonder if the original KR will get a borderless icon too? I actually thought they were going to put all borders on their apps to make them look uniform. I guess it's the other way around now

20. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I use icloud but this icloud update is pretty useless. The thing is that with the update icloud only works from iphone to iphone and from ipad to ipad. Not from iphone to ipad and vice versa. Pretty uselless update i do not have or play in 5 iphones or 10 ipads. The thing was to be able to update between sd and hd versions of the game. Sheesh