Universal Lunar Silver Star Story Touch - (by SoMoGa)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Is there any filtering or pixel smoothing going on? Could you do something like DotEmu did for Metal Slug 3? That looks absolutely brilliant when filtering/smoothing is disabled.

2. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Sure thing nall. I can only download it on Thursdays, but I'll be happy to do it :)

3. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Really looking forward to the update! Any idea on when you'll be submitting it to Apple?

Couple of thoughts on leveling up as well. First, the level up screen should stay up till you push the screen to move on. At the very least it should stay up for twice as long as it does. You have to read very fast if you want to see it all. Second, does it not tell you when you learn a new spell? Either I've missed it each time or it doesn't. It really should.

4. furushotakeru

furushotakeru Active Member

Aug 29, 2011
    My understanding is that the update was submitted to Apple a few days ago and is waiting for approval. This update addresses the memory leaks, adds iCloud support, fixes most of the complaints about the virtual dpad (at least I think it does, I never really had a problem with it so it is tough to judge), and various other bug fixes.

5. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    It's also worth noting it has a fix to the slowdown problem some users experienced, which was a weird combination between a bug in iOS's graphics driver and our scheduling of background threads.

6. furushotakeru

Aug 29, 2011
    Oh I thought that was from a memory leak. This is why I am a tester and not a programmer!

7. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Is it just me or is the sound much quieter in the cut scenes? I always have to crank it up for those and then bring it back down for the rest of the game.

8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Same. It's about half as loud as normal game voices and sounds.

9. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    Hey everybody :)! I just got the soundtrack I ordered from eBay today :D the people I ordered from is gamepodunks. It was $10 and is not a bootleg, it the real deal! It has 34 tracks.
    Note: I have nothing to do with tis seller, I'm just a fan trying to spread this awesome soundtrack

10. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    It's a pretty awesome soundtrack. IMHO.

11. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    I keep rocking out to "a bit unfettered by the unknown." (overworld music after you hit a certain point) is there any chance we'll see eternal blue nall? I live this one so much!

12. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    I keep rocking out to "a bit unfettered by the unknown." (overworld music after you hit a certain point) is there any chance we'll see eternal blue nall? I live this one so much!

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont think ive posted impressions on this game, but i just cant take the bad controls on this one. Sorry... I loved the original, but cant even seem to like how this one plays.

14. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Will they be fixed? And once again...

Is there any filtering or pixel smoothing going on? Could you do something like DotEmu did for Metal Slug 3? That looks absolutely brilliant when filtering/smoothing is disabled.

15. furushotakeru

Aug 29, 2011
    I've played through the game three times now on iOS and I literally have no idea why people are complaining about the controls so much, other than that tap to move is pretty useless due to the inability to navigate around obstacles. I have never had too much trouble getting my party to where I need them to go using the virtual joystick.

16. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Yes, there is filtering going on, although we're planning to add options to customize it. That said, WHICH Metal Slug 3 filtering option are you referring to?

17. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    He's talking about the absence of smoothing -- the option that let you disable the filtering and see the actual pixels instead of blurry ones.
    I myself would love to see something like that on Lunar too. I always disable filtering in pixel-art-powered games whenever possible. :p

18. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    #298 picohero, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    Yes! Beat xenobia with the game freezing! Thanks nall :)
    EDIT: now the game crashes when I fight ghaleon :(

19. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #299 eflin, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    To be fair... trying to play the game held horizontally (which the psuedo joystick interface) is nigh unplayable in my opinion. Hard to select things underneath the buttons... you often click the screen and start moving there instead of triggering the joystick... etc.

Exact-Psience have you tried the other control scheme though? Holding it vertically so you get the D-pad works great in my opinion and also makes the game itself look a lot sharper (since it's in a smaller window better suited for the original art it appears). It's the only way I play now and it works great.

20. furushotakeru

Aug 29, 2011
    Are you playing the latest build?