Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    So, I just managed to pick up a Vita (thanks for talking me into it a while ago). I just want to apologize ahead of time for all of the dumb questions I will ask on this thread while I get used to it.

First, I just wanted to ask: My Vita came with an 8gb memory card. I'm not sure if it is what I will stick with, but I would like to try it out to see if I will need more memory in the future, or if 8gb will do. I hear that you can only have your PSN account on one card. Is this true? Does this mean that if I use the 8gb card, I will not be able to use another?

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yeah basically. your Psn account gets linked to your vita. Also congrats on the purchase!

3. 8 GB should be enough if you don't plan on buying many full games from the PSN Store. I'm currently using an 8 GB card too, and it's more than enough for me since all I have on the card are Dissidia 012 and a few PSN games/apps. I'd probably pick up a 16 or 32 GB card in the future once the price drops some more.

And yes, you can only use one account per card. However, you can have multiple cards with the same account. If you want to upgrade at any time, all you need to do is to copy the files over (restore from backup) using Content Manager iirc.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

I dont know guys lately my vita has been collecting dust and i have soooooo many games for it. I have been getting back into ios games like inotia 4 and some others. I even had a few thoughts about selling my vita and all the games. I dont know i work 40 or more hours a week and its just alot easier to whip my phone out on lunch or breaks and play a game or 2. Plus so many games come out for ios and alot of people get excited and it gets me excited. Maybe just keep my Vita for now? What do you guys think?

5. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    keep it. Its only around 3 months in its life span. Hey and its always good to have on that one sick day or that inevitable plane ride down the road. My 3DS has been collecting dust for months. Never had the thought once

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Hmmm i know where your coming from at this point its almost like a burden to grab my vita and my phone and head to work lol

7. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    I haven't played a single iOS game since I got my Vita 3 months ago.

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I was in the same boat and then i bought inotia 4 and havent touched Vita in a long time....

9. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Keep it in your car! :D haha or lock it in the depths of your desk

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Lolol thanks for the laugh man after the day i had i kind of needed that!

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Inotia 4 came out like five days ago? You haven't touched your Vita in five days?

OMG SELL SELL SELL. :p

Seriously though, keep it, unless you need the money. Even if you're not using it for a bit, it's not hurting you by keeping it and a game will come out that you have to have sometime down the road I bet.

I haven't really used my iPod Touch in awhile, but I don't plan on selling it.(unless a fifth gen version comes out with buttons)

12. Same here. Marvel vs Capcom 2 lasted me a good day or so, but then I went back to BlazBlue.

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the response I know a week isnt a long time to not play the Vita but I was just thinking out loud lol

14. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

First off, I wouldn't sell. I go through periods of playing a system and then moving on to another. I've had the itch to sell and when I've done it, I've regretted it. In fact, before getting Mortal Kombat today, I went back to my 3DS to play Resident Evil Revelations. I'd hold out till at least Resistance or Gravity Rush.

On another note, I've taken a break from Ridge Racer and have just been going in daily for the 50 credits for watching the team update. A few days ago, I was picked as a VIP for the day. This earns 1000 extra credits. Seems now, I keep getting the VIP for a day pick and have gotten 1000 credits for about 3 days straight! Lol, just going to keep milking it until I get past 30000 to switch teams.

Anyone else had this bug? Something to remember or try if you get the VIP nomination.

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I thought reviewers were exaggerating, but man the fighters in MK Vita really look very PSP-ish. The Vita has gotta be capable of more than that.

Oh well it's still a fun game, I've only played it for a little bit, but PSP fighters aside(the backgrounds and CGI looks amazing) I've so far had a good time with this game. . MK is the only fighter I've ever enjoyed.

It'll take awhile to get through all the content that's packed into the game, so far so good.

16. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    No way I'd sell especially so early, the PSP had one of the best game catalogs of any system in my opinion and I'm pretty sure we have only seen a sliver of the vitas potential so far.
    I'm already quite happy with the games I've acquired all I need really is a good beat em up, FPS, driving and maybe an Air Combat game.

Yeah it may take time to see games that really interest but they'll come and who knows what will be announced at E3.

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I once got the VIP nomination two days in a row. Got a lot of upgrades with those credits.

What team are you on?

P.S. Ridge Racer Vita is awesome, I don't care what anybody says.

18. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Thanks for the responses guys. Anything else that I should know as a Vita newbie?

19. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    personally, i thilnk Ridge Racer for Vita is the best in the series. Its more for vets than it is for casual newcomers.

Anyway, downloading MK, hope its good!

20. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Sorry if this has been posted before, but if anybody wants to be able to download Youtube Videos directly to their Vita:

http://psvitaforum.com/threads/ps-vita-youtube-downloader.6307/