Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-21-2014, 04:21 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by addi_x000 View Post
I really don't understand the point in playing this game, sure it was fun when it was new and one of its kind, but in this modern age, this is just trash not even worth looking at!
So every retro game is rubbish? We shouldn't play doom, mario land or any mame game as it looks rubbish?

Ridiculous comment. People love retro games, the nostalgic factor and 'some' games stand the test of time
Old 05-21-2014, 06:26 PM

"Return to DOS"?

Really?

Is that a DOS emulator running the game?
Old 05-21-2014, 07:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I really don't understand the point in playing this game, sure it was fun when it was new and one of its kind, but in this modern age, this is just trash not even worth looking at!
Once fun. Always fun.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
So every retro game is rubbish? We shouldn't play doom, mario land or any mame game as it looks rubbish?

Ridiculous comment. People love retro games, the nostalgic factor and 'some' games stand the test of time
Your the one who's being ridiculous, as i said sure the were fun to play when they were new and i as for doom, i used to play that too on my pc... But than again old isn't always gold... Compared to games of today, this is trash. Thats all am sayin. Don't take it to the heart since it ain't about you!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:09 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Compared to games of today, this is trash.
Except, of course, that it isn't.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:24 AM

Have been playing for about an hour so far and personally I found it quite enjoyable. You certainly need a lot of patience, and see past the outdated graphics and clunky controls. Under the ugly surface there is still an interesting (but difficult) adventure and puzzle game. I had two or three crashes (iPod 5th gen), and noticed some minor bugs (one time the character kept spinning around when I only wanted to turn the direction), but in general it worked well enough for me.

Last edited by plan9; 06-01-2014 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-01-2014, 08:26 AM

Default snif...

I played this game on my Comodore Amiga ... and scariest! :P
Old 06-19-2014, 03:57 AM

For anyone worried about this game being too hard it's really not that bad, you can save at any point and can carry a fair amount of items at once, so right off the bat two of the things that make Resident Evil tough not an issue here. Also the combat is an absolute synch and shouldn't cause too many problems. What IS hard, or rather annoying, is the ability to get stuck and unable to progress at certain points, this is quite easily done and ruins the game a tad as once you realise this you'll pretty much have a walkthrough on speed dial throughout just to avoid these futile time wasting situations. Also the game is very short, really just a few hours long, about a 5th of the size of Resident Evil, which may work in it's favour depending on your point of view. Oh and the running controls are awful, a run button is desperately needed that's for sure. All in all I'd say this was worth it though especially if you missed it first time round, if not just to tick such a seminal title off your bucket list.