Universal Inotia 4: Assassin of Berkel - (by Com2uS Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dalbertson, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ummmm I dont really member all of them off the top of my head but I think theres a black knight class maybe thats paladinish?....

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I'd hope so but from my experiences with Black Knight's (Square Enix games), they tend to be skilled in sacrificing HP for higher damage. Not really my style, but no telling how com2us skilled them. Here's to hoping for the best I guess.

3. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    The Priest is a Paladin, there is no real Priest class anymore.

I've played about 30 min and Im surprised, only sound bugs are the fact that there is no music, and I haven't found any party members yet but Im expecting the dreadful sound bug from Inotia 3 that prevented you to hear any sound effects from you party members when they attacked, only the character that was selected played sound effects while in combat.
    That really made med quit Inotia 3, I can't stand listening to monotonous sound of one single character attacking and casting spells, I want to be aware of what everyone is doing, what spells they cast, if they take damage etc etc.

But like I said, so far, no bugs, a pretty bad Interface but enjoyable, it's not Inotia 2, yet however.

EDIT: Classes:

Class Standard rpg role

Warrior - Warrior
    Warlock - Mage
    Assassin - Rogue
    Priest - Paladin
    Ranger - Ranger
    Black knight - Dark knight/Death knight

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thank you for the breakdown. ;)

5. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    im about 5 hours in and i am loving this game.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, surprised to read actual discussion after the first few posts. So some people are actually liking what sounded like a buggy beta test?

Or did they perhaps upload the "real" version at some point?

Either way, it's strange that there was little fanfare for the game's release then all the sudden it appears out of nowhere.

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    So I played on my lunch hour and loved every min of it, but god it pisses me off when theres so many classes and only 3 save slots..... I cant decide.

8. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    #28 Jxsgamer, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
    Doesn't Inotia 4 have that Hub option?
    I used most of Inotia 3 characters that way.

Btw, is the free version a lite or an Ad supported version?

9. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Free version is exactly the same as the paid version but you occasionally get pop up ads when you go into the in-game menu. The paid version has no ads and you get 400 gems. These gems can be used to reset stats/skills, purchase additional mercenary slots etc.

My team comprises of a Magician (main), priest (healer and tank) and archer (dps). The archer is a bit overpowered imo as for some odd reason he can summon a beast just like the magician. That means against a boss it's 5 vs 1

There are some annoying aspects to the game e.g. can't allocate stat or skill points of the mercenaries (only your main character); when equipping stuff doesn't show you what you already have on; AI is dumb e.g when you want to do a tactical retreat they will just stand there and block your escape route; occasionally BGM will just cut out. Still enjoyable though

All characters are now lvl 21 and I reckon I'm a approx. 1/4 to 1/3 into the game

10. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    As far as I can tell, it feels like a complete rehash of Inotia 3. The dialogue is much improved in my opinion. But everything just feels the same. 80% of the skills are the same as those in 3. The items are basically the same. Many of the characters are the same. And the same methods of min/maxing are there: Use some dice, farm heroic emblems, grind end-game gear, make chaos weapons, repeat. Granted, I've only played a 5 or 6 hours. But, it feels way too familiar to keep its novelty, I think.

I hope I'm wrong. And I'm going to finish the campaign once if, for no other reason, than to see how the story-line goes (The story line and, specifically, the dialogue are actually pretty nice in this rendition). So, maybe I'll find something new and interesting.

*also, as a note. It was said that there's no true priest class in a post above. I feel like the priest is given the option, through gear and spec, to choose whether it wants to be a classic priest or a paladin.

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Whats the hub option? Can you use more than the 3 save slots that way?

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Lv 21 the day after it came out, you must not work eh?

13. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I agree with you that it does play very similar to inotia 3.

The priest is not a traditional priest as his normal ATK is melee rather than a ranged ATK. If you opted to build him as a classic priest, he would die in seconds

14. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Live in the UK. Got it after work

15. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Oh, so its like the Eternity version.
    Nice.

But like most have said already, the game really feels like another quest in Inotia 3. Not much changes since the last game release.

16. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    well...if you're trying to solo with him, yeah. lol. my point is that as a mercenary (or once you have other mercenaries), there is a party option for a pure healer. The priest can be a pure healer...you just don't spec into melee attacks or spec/gear for strength.

17. samsta

samsta Member

Apr 28, 2011
    crashes on the loading screen for me :(

18. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    #38 nosoup4crr, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
    me require 3rd generation or later.

19. sgcc1

sgcc1 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    But as I've mentioned you can't allocate stat/skill points on mercenaries. The only way to have a pure healer build would be to have the priest as your main. I don't know many players who would choose to build their paladin (priest in this case) as a pure healer

20. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    i don't know. In inotia 3, the skills available to your mercenaries were random, as well. People just farmed emblems over and over until they got the perfect constellation of skills. I assume people would do the same for 4.