Monster Adventures (Foursaken Media) - monster mixing/roguelike adventure/RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#1 Foursaken_Media, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Hot on the heels of Heroes & Castles and Block Fortress, we'd like to introduce our next game, Monster Adventures! Development is about 75% complete and it should be submitted to the App Store sometime this Summer! Stay tuned for an official release date!

In Monster Adventures you play as one of the rare humans to have a special link with the ancient guardians of nature. These Nature Spirits have the power to imbue themselves with the essences of any creature or monster, allowing them to transform into nearly limitless forms!

Game-play is a mix of monster collecting/mixing with thousands of combinations, deep, elemental based combat, rogue-like adventuring complete with randomized, endless environments, RPG character development with tons of skills and abilities to learn and master, and lots more!

Features
    • find, collect, mix and match monster essences to create your own, unique monster!
    • a variety of randomized environments to explore!
    • rogue-like game-play: explore as much as you can, gaining better rewards, items, loot, and experience the longer you are able to survive! Die in the field though, and come back empty handed...
    • take up to 3 monsters into the dangerous coliseum, using strategy and skill to defeat other powerful teams of monsters! Progress through the ranks and find out the true purpose of the tournament...
    • lots of side quests!
    • tons of active, passive, and elemental based abilities to learn. Customize your monster with the abilities and stats you want!
    • deep combat, featuring a host of interesting enemies, elemental based combat and counters, a mana based skill system, and more!
    • online versus mode: take your monster to the coliseum and battle others around the world!
    • and tons more :)

As always, I'll be happy to answer any questions, and I'll keep releasing more info, screens, and video as we get closer to release!

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    omg... *faints*

3. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    This looks great! Is it a dual stick? Or are there more control options? What about story? Is it endless? Does it even have one?

Those pictures piqued my interest :D

4. ptdshiznit818

ptdshiznit818 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Sounds awesome! Seriously cannot wait!

5. Slizzam

Slizzam Active Member

May 8, 2012
    I didn't read anything. It's foursaken as far as I'm concerned its bought.

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    STOP IT! i bought both Heroes and Castles AND Block Fortress but haven't even installed them yet! :mumble: first world problems :mumble:

7. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Another FM game... This devs are some of the best indie devs on the AppStore. All FMs games top Gameloft easily.

8. thiefwriter

thiefwriter Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    How do you develop at this rate? It's inhuman :p

9. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This. These guys are my personal favorite IOS devs. Amazing games, great customer support, just great guys.

It goes without saying that this is an insta-buy for me!

10. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    AHHHHH ER MER GERD NEW FOURSAKEN GAME FREAKING epic. YES.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Now this looks potentially great!

12. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Monster collecting. Oh gosh, one of the best dev for iOS, instant buy!

How many monster will be available at release to mix? Any quick save button? Does we need online connection to play the single player campaign? It's a single player campaign type of game ya?

13. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Game looks great! Can't believe you guys already have another game so close to being done!

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cheers for Foursaken Media!

The game reminds me of a Pokemon roguelike before, and im dying to see how Foursaken pulls this off with their unique but proven take on different genres!

Oh and... Instabuy!

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

The default control setup is indeed dual stick... with most of our games we try to incorporate a degree of skill, so like in Bug Heroes, maneuvering around melee enemies and dodging projectiles will be an important part of combat... nothing gives you that kind of control like dual stick. That being said, we're hoping to include a tap to move and tap to target style alt control scheme for one handed gameplay ;)

As for story, there is a rudimentary story that you will discover as you progress, but the game isn't necessarily story driven. Think: pokemon... the focus is more on building up your monsters and adventuring. There is a town "hub" where you can talk to townsfolk, get side-quests from the mayor, compete in the coliseum, and slowly uncover the underlying story.

There are around 52 Monster Essences (13 "sets") to find in total for launch, giving you 10s of thousands of combinations. On top of that, you can imbue each essence with one of 5 elements (many enemies are elemental based, and each element has its counter). On top of THAT, you can find different "classes" of each essence, from weak, to legendary.

One of the interesting things about Monster Adventures is that its not so much like a traditional monster game where you make or find your monster and call it a day. Each essence has certain abilities attached to them, which you will slowly learn over time as long as you are using the appropriate essence. So say you find some crappy arm essence that has an amazing ability attached to it... if you want that ability you will have to level up with those crappy arms in order to "learn" the ability (once most abilities are learned however, you can use them with any other essence - some do have prerequisites though). It creates some really interesting choices in how you want to create your monsters and how you want to play. Additionally, when you level up, your base stats are altered by what essences you are currently using... so if you want to focus on defense, you should be using defensive oriented essences. Or you can of course go for a well balanced mix. The cool part is just that you have complete control over how your monster both looks AND plays!

And no, you do not need an online connection to play SP.

16. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Now this is probably going to be one of my games of the summer! Hopefully it will have some online mp and good balancing and I'm set!

17. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Allow me to summarize the feeling of all of us here with one simple little gif :)

[​IMG]

18. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    KennyK lol :D your gif is what I'm feeling right now. actually more.. OMG this will be flipping amazing you guys don't know how excited I am this looks awesome it will be big!! Plus I have been searching since I got my iPad Mini in January for a game like this with no luck they all needed Internet access... and lacked the fun and adventure that I was trying to find... This game meets everything I want in the perfect monster game I've been looking for! exploration, real movement by joysticks no tap here there kinda thing... monsters and monster collecting, 3d graphics. This game does more though its also is offline friendly :):), plus has thousands and mabye more of monsters! The mixing matching idea rocks big time. This whole game has me jumping up and down for joy!!! I have found my game I've been searching for over 3-4 months now! Great job will patiently wait for more videos and mabye a release date for mabye summer??:) I am happy thank you!!! ​

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

YES, we will be supporting low gens :)

20. TrexlerRanger

TrexlerRanger Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Looks fantastic, really appreciate the effort and support you put into your games and expect no less from this one.