In App Purchase Carry over???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shasta Hawk, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Shasta Hawk

Shasta Hawk New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Hello people. I have a question. I have an Ipad mini and I'm going to buy the Ipad air or Ipad 3 in three or four months. I know you can download a game you already bought on a second Ipad but can you download the IAP as well without paying a second time? For example, I like playing the Elder Sign and Zen Pinball games but if I buy the IAP for them, will I have to pay for them a second time when I buy my second Ipad?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Any purchase that is not consumable (e.g. coin packs) you can re-download without paying a second time.

3. How can you tell by looking at the buttons whether it is consumable or not though?

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If the item bought gets lost when used up, it is consumable. IAPs with permanent effects like doublers, character unlocks and chapter unlocks are non-consumable.

5. Duh, I know that.

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Except, not always, Rubicon's recent game for instance contains a "consumable" tripler, and occasionally devs will attach consumables to a permanant IAP. It's really just whatever they decide to make them.

7. That leads me to my question again, how is there a way to know for certain cause there are sooooo many different inapps nowadays?

And how can kids know what is what? Or even some parents who know nothing of gaming?

I think they need to make the buttons somehow different, like universal apps with the plus sign.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im pretty sure In-App purchases can be locked.

9. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    If you restore your new iPad from a backup of the old iPad then it'll have everything the old one had.