Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-20-2014, 12:09 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Help! I just got my PS4 and I'm loving it. But there seems to be some problems with the DualShock 4. On the original controller that came with the system the right trigger is squeaky. On my second controller (magma red from Japan) the rumble motor was super loud and didn't function correctly. I returned that one to the seller and got a different magma red controller. This one's right stick pops in a weird way when flicked right. So I need some help. Are DS4 super fragile? Am I being hyper-sensitive? Are my controllers knock-offs with "Sony plastered on them? Thanks for any help.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:11 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by one.sixty.four View Post
Help! I just got my PS4 and I'm loving it. But there seems to be some problems with the DualShock 4. On the original controller that came with the system the right trigger is squeaky. On my second controller (magma red from Japan) the rumble motor was super loud and didn't function correctly. I returned that one to the seller and got a different magma red controller. This one's right stick pops in a weird way when flicked right. So I need some help. Are DS4 super fragile? Am I being hyper-sensitive? Are my controllers knock-offs with "Sony plastered on them? Thanks for any help.
I love my PS4 controllers. Both work flawlessly. I dont hurl the around the room, but i also dont treat them especially gently. Weird that you would get 2 lemons. They probably at least have a 90 day warranty and may even have a 1 year warranty. I think i would get them replaced.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:37 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I love my PS4 controllers. Both work flawlessly. I dont hurl the around the room, but i also dont treat them especially gently. Weird that you would get 2 lemons. They probably at least have a 90 day warranty and may even have a 1 year warranty. I think i would get them replaced.
Thanks. I treat my gaming stuff very gently so it's weird there acting up. Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:56 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Dunno, I dont think Destiny is really that great and it's very repetitive but somehow I'm totally addicted at it. Cant explain it myself. I have Diablo III and DA Inquisition lying around and barely play them cuz I'm consistently getting back to Destiny every freaking single time, ugh.
Far Cry 4 will probably be the next game for me.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:50 AM

Dragons Age Inquisition initial impressions are fairly good but haven't really gotten into the open world aspect yet, some negatives for me were cutscene animations and framerate (in game framerate is fine) and restrictive camera for the tactical combat. Seems decent though, I'll give it another session tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:14 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
Dragons Age Inquisition initial impressions are fairly good but haven't really gotten into the open world aspect yet, some negatives for me were cutscene animations and framerate (in game framerate is fine) and restrictive camera for the tactical combat. Seems decent though, I'll give it another session tomorrow.
I just started playing DA:I today on the PS4 as well.
I agree with you on the cutscenes; they should have been better optimize and I can see no excuse for them being choppy sometimes.

I started as a dual-wielding Rogue and am absolutely loving it. After initially trying to use tactical mode for each and every stage of each battle, I realized the CPU is pretty smart in making choices and using powers. I hence resorted to giving out commands once or twice during each battle (perhaps to focus fire on the strongest minion in a bunch) and controlling my main character the rest of the time. Works very well, IMO.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:05 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Out of 3 Dualshock 4's, two of ours have bumpers that stick. I think at least the early controllers were poor quality. Supposedly the new ones, which you can only be sure you get if you pick a color other than black, are better, but I don't have any firsthand experience with them.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticBlur View Post
I just started playing DA:I today on the PS4 as well.
I agree with you on the cutscenes; they should have been better optimize and I can see no excuse for them being choppy sometimes.

I started as a dual-wielding Rogue and am absolutely loving it. After initially trying to use tactical mode for each and every stage of each battle, I realized the CPU is pretty smart in making choices and using powers. I hence resorted to giving out commands once or twice during each battle (perhaps to focus fire on the strongest minion in a bunch) and controlling my main character the rest of the time. Works very well, IMO.
Dual-wield Rogue here too, seems a good quick class.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:15 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Out of 3 Dualshock 4's, two of ours have bumpers that stick. I think at least the early controllers were poor quality. Supposedly the new ones, which you can only be sure you get if you pick a color other than black, are better, but I don't have any firsthand experience with them.
I guess I got lucky - both of mine are first edition - and work flawlessly, and as I mentioned between me and my kids - they are not treated badly, but certainly not babied... I have an old PS3 dual shock that has a sticky key that is driving my batty... purchased a new one a few days ago to replace it - there is no way to fix sticky keys as far as I know (unless something sticky was spilled) - but the sticky key has more to do with an internal problem as I understand it.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:43 PM

I'm on second controller, first one the left stick would jam, replacement the left bumper periodically sticks a bit.