Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #6121 Foxtail2010, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    And I just got my second Ironwood with this combo after only one fail (Evergreen) in between. Sweet! I needed an Evergreen egg to display, so happiness all around... Yes, me too, I'm sticking with this pair for awhile. I won't mind getting another Ironwood or Steel for display. :D Thanks again for posting, Flip!

UHOH. I just put Plant/Mine in EBI = Ironwood. Could this be the next Firework? LOL.

2. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Congratulations! Did you know that if you breed a lot, you can sell the extra dragons for more xp and cash? Good luck!

3. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Breaking News: Murder in Dragonvale!

This morning park attendants found a decapitated body of a plant dragon "Gomer" slumped over a sham-rock.
    Scorched lumps of bone strewn all around the area were confirmed to be the remains of Gomer's skull.

In the interview with the press Police Commissioner Gordon (who moved to Dragonvale recently to "get away from things" and settle in a nice peaceful place) asserted that all evidence points to a staring contest with a Lightning Dragon (or a hybrid) that went horribly wrong. PC Gordon stated:"Despite repeated warnings some dragons engage in a dangerous activities that can only end badly. Well, today they have."

Rumors and speculations as to Whodunit and Why have gripped the Park.
    Local businessman Thrifty "Shades" DeGray believes that Gomer's death was a result of an S&M party that went "a little" wild.
    The Butcher thought that other dragons killed Gomer because it was a long time since they've had any Fresh Meat.
    A primary school teacher Mr Kimble thinks that the deceased may have had an Explosive Brain Tumor.
    Even crazier suggestion from the former supreme ruler of the Universe Amazing and Magnificent BUSH that there may have been "a Nukular reakshin in dragon's hed as a rizalt of eeting WMDs" has been consumed hungrily by the inflamed imagination of regular citizens.

The case received so much coverage across entire Dragonvale that even famous and popular Sakura dragon "Marple" came to the park to assist the police with the investigation.

All the Lightning dragons including hybrids have been taken in for questioning and are assisting the police with the investigation.
    We will report further details as they come to light.

4. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    God, you are one funny bloke!! :D What a weird imagination you have! Loving the reference to fifty shades of grey, not that I've read it of course..........:p

Cheered me up after my first day back at work after my hols!

5. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Eugekava- I hardly know what to say. Well done! Hilarious! At first I expected to read a bad report on an Ironwood, due to your low opinion of this dragon (recolored type). Heehee. Enjoyed having a little gore introduced into cute DV land.

6. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi, Jazbo and Foxtail. Thanks for the praise. :) Its always nice when people get a laugh from my jokes.
    My wife is going through Miss Marple "phase", so we've been watching a few episodes lately. I found it quite comical that there is always murder (or murders) wherever and whenever she shows up. Miss Marple and Jessica Fletcher (Murder she wrote) are two scariest people as far as I am concerned.

7. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    THat is funny you are so good at this.Thank you for the laugh.

8. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    Finally got silver with plant15/steel15 after so many fails in the EBC cave. Why to many gems for speed up to ashame to say how many. Congrats to all that have gotten one and good luck to all that still need one.

9. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Great! Congratulations!

10. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    You're a legend!

@ Eugekava......heading says it all :D
    Brilliant.....also picked up on the fifty shades of grey reference.....not that I'm reading it either :eek:

Welcome change from my current state of mind (I'm over gold/silver dragons)
    I will be away for a week in Sept (no wifi) so gotta get sapphire before I go on 22nd Sept or it won't happen....think my rainy day gems may come into effect starting next week......

Looking forward to an update on poor Gomers demise :(

11. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Just got Silver with Plant/Steel both level 15 in the RBC. Fourth try with 1 Ironwood and 2 Lichen as failures (even though the Ironwood was needed).

Had no luck with Metal/Snow (8 tries) or Air/Mine (10 tries).

Good Luck to everyone who is still working on Silver.

12. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Brilliant indeed! Keep it coming, Eugekava!

- DD

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #6133 girlpower, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    EDIT UPDATE
    I now have a silver dragon cooking too...first try with plant/steel (lvls 15).
    Tried a few of the other combos repeatedly, back to trying for gold....just changed the combo (Bluefire/metal) due to too many forges, second fail and just got ANOTHER forge cooking GRR. :mad: dislike you gold dragon!

14. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    YAY!!!!! Congrats, Girlpower. Awesome news. Its nice to get a bit of a "silver lining" after so many failures.

I am sure gold will come along. Just a matter of time.

15. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    I second that YAY!!! Great news! I like the Plant/Steel combo, sounds like it's a winner!

16. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Congrats to everyone who has that elusive Silver! I'm going to keep trying Plant/Steel now, no luck with Silver so far, but I'm getting some eggs to display so that's good :D

Like ButterflyFan, I'm not going to be posting as much due to college either. It's only the 3rd day of school and I already have some reading to do. lol...

17. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #6137 girlpower, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    News Flash - DV mini update

apart from minor bug fixes...main point is hibernation cave upgrade.
    It can now hold 200 dragons @ a cost of 200 gems...so just more room to hide away our dragons that we toil so hard to get ....better than nothing (just) Why can't they give us more habitats!!!

@ Eugekava, Foxy....thanks lovely friends for the good wishes ;)
    love what you've done for your new silver dragons home Eugekava....looks so good

Good luck to those still needing Silver....new gem dragon (saphire) just around the corner

18. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    There is a new update for dragonvale mostly fixes and upgrade for the hibernation cave.

19. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    No new habitats and no new level cap.

20. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi GP! Back from my hols so playing catch up! Had very little wifi, just enough to get me 1 peridot but that's it! Only a couple days left to get one for display so don't think that will happen :(

Congrats on your recent success! I like the look of the silver dragon and will start trying for it soon. I still don't have a bronze Olympic or the seasonal or ironwood.

Something weird has happened with my DV today, you have disappeared from my friend list even though we are still friends in game centre :eek: in fact my friend list looks a lot shorter than normal! Hopefully this is just a glitch and you and my other missing friends will show up again tomorrow!