Testflight Help Please. App stuck at waiting.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by cloudpuff, Dec 4, 2013.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Hi,
    I'm trying to beta test some apps and I'm having trouble installing the builds, it gets stuck on waiting after I've pressed install and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.
    I've installed the profile and have tried installing from Safari, the app and my email and the same thing happens. I've got over 1gb free so I don't think space is the issue. I've reconnected my device several times.
    I have a total of three apps to test and one of them has a grey install button but when I click on it it turns green like the others.

Is there anything else I can do or should I just give up?

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    you should install it directly from your device. make sure you have test flight profile installed at your device, also the provision profile from each app. if you still get any problem try to contact the dev and asked the best solution from them.

or you can install it manually using iphone configuration utility. Download the profile and the ipa file first into your dekstop/ pc. Then connect your device to iphone configuration utility, open the profile and ipa file, then instal it into your device. If this still give you the same result. I think there's a problem with your device.

3. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Thank you very much, I have done everything in the first paragraph but will try the stuff mention in the second. Where do I get iPhone configuration utility? How would I do load the IPA and profile on my desktop? Thanks again for the help.

4. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    Open the build email via your PC, it'll give you the instruction to download it manually. For the iphone configuration utility, you download it by search it via google

5. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Hi thank you very muc for your help, I've now got the app installed using the method you described, sadly it crashes on start up, could that have been what cause the install problems?

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

6. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    hmm, i don't know for sure. However, try to restart your ipad may be the crashes caused by low memory. also sometimes there's a case where you can't install the build though you have tried to install it manually. I ever experienced that too.

7. I've seen profile errors cause them to crash on startup too even though they installed just fine.

So ... probably gotta check everything =/

8. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm thinking it must be a profile error now as I've got all my beta apps working apart from this one, I notice that when I go to the apps in testflight this one in particular has a grey install button and it doesn't turn green until I install the profile, which was already installed.

I'm confident it's not my device now anyways as I've got the others working with the configuration utility. I've learnt a lot today, thanks