List of games taking advantage of touch screen

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nate_J, May 6, 2011.

1. Nate_J

Nate_J Member

May 6, 2011
    Hello,

What are the games for which playing with a touch screen changes significantly the gameplay as compared to playing the same game with a mouse on a computer?

The first game I face like that was Flight Control, but I would also put fruit Ninja etc.

So ?

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Every game on IOS aims at taking advantage of the touchscreen overwise they would bring there games to IOS

3. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Simply all the games that collect a great success, starting from Angry Birds, Cut the rope ecc ecc

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Just compared to a mouse? Because quite a few gesture games could be done with a mouse like Cut the Rope, Angry Birds (which is on Mac/PC) and so on. Flight Control is also on Mac and PS3 with Move controller.

The number of games that are really unique to iOS is pretty small.

5. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

There is a cute little game called Robotco. It doesn't have the sharpest presentation in the world, but it's a very nice little time-waister that could only have been created with a multi-touch device. :)

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
  7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Pretty much everything here on the IOS changes the way they're played!

8. foxmulderino

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Pfff....do you always complain for all? oh my....are u a man or a woman? :eek::rolleyes:

9. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    What a sexist thing to say, especially from a man who always COMPLAINS about games over $0.99. Are you a cheapskate or a tightwad :eek::rolleyes:

10. foxmulderino

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Well, I can complain because I'm a woman (with a surprise in low area - ye, a shemale - have some racist insults to tell me?). And, ye I'm a tightwad and proud to complain about games over a buck. Are you satisfied now?
    Anyway, if u are interested PM for more hot details and numbers (and prices, of course) about where we can meet and what we can do togheter (don't care if u man or woman). Thanks!

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sure shemales technically count as a race...

12. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Nice Job, Go and ruin another thread won't you.:mad:

13. foxmulderino

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    oh, but in the sentence the word "racist" had an enlarged meaning, don't take it literally...u know...here in Italy they teach us to enlarge the meaning of every word we say (*"they" refers to politicians, many journalists, some writers, bad teachers, my dad, many friends of mine, my bro, my neighbors, the Chairman of the Board - for now, Silvio B. to keep hide his identity)

14. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    ahem. Getting back to the topic. Games like Eliss, Osmos, World of Goo, Gears... really work well for iDevices. Yes, these games are there on other platforms, but work so well on iOS, they feel made for them.