Good Upper Body Work Out Routine for 15 Yr. Old?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Aussie, Sep 26, 2010.

1. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

My advice is learn more first before doing anything. My dad is a fitness trainer and I have picked up quite a bit from him. You can't do much in 30 days. You may get a bit stronger but your appearance won't change in that time.

Also if you do sports don't you do anything like gym work, fitness, core training. We do circuits and running every few training sessions (hurling).

Finally the advice of others is good. General exercises are very helpful. Sit ups, pressups, leg lifts, planks and other things like that are very good. Also I'd sugget some basic boxing if you had a punching bag. It's tiring but really helpful and good for speed. And finally skipping.

2. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    sammysin you're joking but...

Mate a PTI or civvy personal trainer would probably drop his bottle of fake tan and have a fit after reading my advice.

They advise you to something different everyday, to "keep your body guessing" of various intensity working different muscle groups.

That didn't work for me because the days when you don't feel like doing it is when you'll choose the 50 minute low intensity workout over the 25 minutes of pain.

I fount it easier just to have a set routine and stick to it. Some gym queen will probably be along to tell me I'm wrong but I was always fitter than most.

3. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I think there's an app for that

4. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Poll time - Aussie hasn't responded because:

A. He's out running

B. He's looking at suits for homecoming

C. He forgot the question

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Not joking at all man, someone like me will not stick to a routine unless I have someone shouting at me to do it. Hahaha.

6. RyoHazuki

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    Finding a likeminded friend is a good thing in that case, or maybe join a running club.

Are you getting fit for a specific reason or just to look good?

7. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    School.
    I just did B a few hours ago, and I will be doing A up and down my driveway sometime tonight. (5 mile run).

Thanks everybody for your responses. I will hop on Word to tonight and make a schedule. I'll try doing a lot ofthe push ups, sit ups, curl ups, etc. that you said are essential. Btw, I do a ton of cardio, in fact a little too much, that is why I need a upper body schedule. My second trimester I have weight lifting and for some unknown reason it's a big part of my grade, so I need to be strong.

Thanks again for the advice everybody, it really helped, I'll think about the steroids;)

8. RyoHazuki

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    #28 RyoHazuki, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
    Dude, I would not advise doing a 5 mile run on your driveway, you will be putting undue strain on your joints with turning around so often.

Go on google maps and mark 2.5 miles from your house, a run there and back, not only will it be less boring, if you stop you'll have to walk back so you'll find it easier as a noob to keep going.

Or if you have a mat or soft groung on your drive why not do circuit, do 15 pressups run there and back, do 15 situps, run, do 15 v sits, run, do 15 squats, run etc.

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Good luck!

10. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    School.
    But it's on this rubbery asphalt stuff that just got put in and it feels really good!! :D

11. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Um, to work it out, you need a chick for that.....

12. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    School.
    Lol.

13. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

heh heh, not necessarily....

14. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    heh heh...lol :p

15. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

If you are more concerned with being good at basketball and cross country, you are better off spending more time practicing the actual sports. If you are short, I assume you are a guard. It helps to have some strength, but being a quality guard is more dependent on your shooting, passing, ball-handling, and basketball IQ than it does physical prowess. Being strong in the upper body does nearly nothing for Cross Country, your better off just running than working out for that. I'm not saying do not spend any time in the gym, but for both those sports being good at the sport is far superior than just being physical beast. Now if you are more conerned with just looking good good and being buff you ought to see a trainer and maybe pick up swimming, which is the best way to strengthen your upper body in my opinion.

Or this.

16. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    5 miles on a driveway... your parents drop when you were little or something?

17. RyoHazuki

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    I think he'll get bored before 5 miles.

18. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Lol. Depending on the length of his driveway, he'd go back and fourth about 1000-1500 times.

19. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    School.
    Ok, it really isn't a driveway, it's a 5 mile road that leads off in differntbareas to houses, my house is at the end of the road, it's in a forest so that is why I don't really call it a road more of a really really long driveway.

20. RyoHazuki

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    On my planet we'd call that a path.;)