Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. anada

anada Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Even though I can see its going to take me a long long time to max out all the weapons/characters, I don't really see it as a chore at all. It's fun to have something to work towards and when I finally die I like going into the store to see what I have enough cash to upgrade. If everything was cheaper the "game" side of it would finish for me earlier (even though I'd still play it) as I'm not overly concerned with high scores and more about making progress in games.

2. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I guess you're right, I never meant to offend. I was pissed off at angry message board posts, and in turn I became the angriest of all. What have I become.....?

3. Angry.

4. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Exactly.

I've mentioned both of these things myself and agree totally. It's all about having your choice of which weapons drop. A 'melee only' mode is a great example of this. The weapon drops needs to be tweaked in general to have more of the heavy weapons appear as well.

I think Mountain Sheep may be offering counseling services with the next update :D

5. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    So I just started playing this game a couple of days ago, I am around level 25. What is the best character/weapon to buy and upgrade?

6. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Sadly I have to agree with this. There is no sense of progression at all, I mean look at games like Jetpack Joyride that despite having the same old levels over and over again it's still fun to pick up and play every time (and satisfying to level up!). I think what Minigore lacks is they failed to give players a feeling of accomplishment.

Another thing it lacks is the upgrades don't seem to feel powerful at all. I don't feel like I'm more powerful when I upgrade 1 level to my shotgun. In essense the progression of upgrades is either too slow or the upgrades are too weak to allow players to feel powerful.

7. anada

anada Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I have only unlocked a few characters but the bear levelled all the way is awesome, and I like Xmas Gore too. I upgraded the machine gun and shottie all the way to strengthen them as they're the weakest, but now I'm starting to upgrade the dual cannons, those things destroy everything in their path so more power and ammo with them will make me unstoppable! I love seeing the M60 drop haha.

But before I do that, gotta unlock hardcore mode, only 12k away ;)

8. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Hardcore mode is more like hyper mode. The game simply moves faster. I thought it would be harder but no.

9. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    The game needs to be tweaked and I'm sure Mountain Sheep realizes this, especially in the weapon drops, upgrades, etc. But personally, I am having fun picking this up every time I play it. I don't need leaderboards or high scores or a 'need to achieve' something. I just want solid mechanics, good weapons, nice graphics and sound and an addictive fun factor. Check, check, check and check.

10. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Different strokes for different folks I guess.

11. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Okay, how much does it cost to unlock hardcore mode, and what level to do unlock it? Also do different characters have different attributes, or do they just look different?

12. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'd say stick with John or Jerry. Otherwise you'll find yourself starting with a measly weapon and a character with measly melee.

I find the level 10 shotgun is pretty good in general, and level 10 machine gun is super cheap to upgrade.

Also, didn't expect Minigore to get drowned out by the other games that quickly :/ Sale time it is then :p Good way to boost the app back.

Finally, does anyone have any idea as to what the "secret" mode is? Or is that just the hardcore mode?

13. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Wait, but Jenny has the Sheep Launcher. Or does she have measly melee attacks?

14. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    The review of TA sucks but i dont get now all the hate that god of blades is having here it may be boring for some but saying that it doesn't deserve the 5 stars is stupid just because you dont like it.

On the other hand minigore 2 didn't desever that 3.5 stars when others games that are still the same still get 5 that way i dont read TA review and i just stick to the forums

I'm pretty sure the game with still get better in time with the updates as many of the games of ms

15. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    OK, here is the lowdown of characters. When maxed, they have the same attributes, except for their starting weapon. That's all there is really. Or at least for me so far.

When upgrading different characters, the order in which you receive attributes is switched around a bit.

It's not worth getting Jenny for her sheep launcher if you haven't upgraded the launcher, as you'll just receive the basic 4 shots and then be left to the melee and pickups. The melee you are left with is the level of your character, and as with weapons, the further down the character is, the higher the upgrade costs are. So it wouldn't be worth maxing Jenny without also maxing the Sheep Launcher, if not eventually, seeing as that would be the main motive for using Jenny in the first place.

Hardcore mode is unlocked at level 30 and requires 120k to purchase it. it is non-consumable and can be switched on and off by the user's discretion.

16. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Also your health does not regenerate.

17. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    The companion also varies.

But looking at it from Mountain Sheep's perspective, I can see how it would make sense to make characters so similar to allow people to choose their own preference. What if the grandmom was indisputably the most powerful character in the game, and you prefer Santa?

18. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    1) Yes, you are correct, the TA review of Minigore 2 sucks.
    2) God of Blades is good, not great, and a 5 star game is supposed to be great. For this reason, I don't feel it deserves 5 stars. It was merely used as an example to show the 1.5 star difference between two games that should be rated much more equally.

19. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I think Eric Ford deserves some credit. It's a highly anticipated game, and at least he looked past the hype to analyze it. There have been a lot of five stars given to undeserving games in the past, as if it were a reflex.

But I voiced my disagreement. The game warrants at least four stars. I personally consider it a five star app. The difference is that he writes about it from the perspective of a guy who plays lots of dual stick shooters, while I generally hate the genre and have found Minigore 2 to be the exception. In fact I own the first Minigore and played it maybe three or four times before I got sick of it. But this one has not only retained my attention, but compelled me to pick it up and play because I really wanted to.

20. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Level 7 is the original map from the first minigore... Just spiced up a bit...