Universal Hundreds - (by Semi Secret Software, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 2, 2013.

1. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I am really looking forward to this one for sure. I think canabalt is still the best endless runner out there on iphone, and I simply love the simplistic art and gameplay that these guys do such a great job with. I played the flash version, and I can see how much potential it would have for touch controls. The damn mouse controls just don't do the game justice. I cannot wait to pick this one up tomorrow.

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    The red dots are the levels on which you receive 'messages'. The stats on the left of each level are for time taken to complete the level, and amount of touches taken.

I've completed 25 levels and I already know that this GAME will be on my device for a very, very long time. £2 very well spent, and thanks for the sale! Awesome stuff!

3. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking this must be next to impossible with mouse!

4. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I started to struggle a lot after level six in the flash game. You have a tendency to try and follow the bubble you think you can score with, but its to easy to accidentally hit another bubble or the one you are following. Being able to hover above the bubble will definitely make it easier.

5. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Okay - so the red dots on some levels must mean I'm the fastest in the world yay!!! ;)

6. Adam Atomic

Adam Atomic Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Indie Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    haha, its definitely different on touch versus mouse. that was something we wrestled with a lot in the early stages of design. its funny, later on we realized that the mouse-based version of Hundreds is actually more similar to a game like Asteroids (or more specifically Bit Pilot) than it is to the iOS version of Hundreds, at least systemically.

games are weird!

anyways, so glad you guys are digging this. we never worked this much on a game for this long, seeing it out in the wild and making friends is seriously heartwarming

7. Adam Atomic

Mar 18, 2009
    Indie Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    haha, it doesn't mean that at all, but that's a super neat idea O_O *takes notes*

8. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I can see both sides of the coin here, and remain skeptical but open-minded. I'll pay $3 to find out for myself.

9. Fedorov

May 18, 2009
    Ah the messages yes, thanks!

£2 for a game is a bargain - wish everyone would shut up about the price already, these guys spend months if not years developing these games and they shouldn't be paid for it???

If you don't like the price then go back to your Xbox/PS3 and pay £40

Enjoying so far, already struggling at level 31! :)

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just to be clear... I didn't mean to bash or anything on anyone saying that they don't like it... I understand that minimalistic and puzzler games are kind of a niche thing... Was basically just trying to let the Devs that I'm still VERY interested in this one, and super psyched to get into it. I'd jump on the flash version if idevices could play flash material... =oP

11. Fedorov

May 18, 2009
    No offence intended, I mean I looked long and hard at Sanuka's video before deciding it was worth the price as it looked challenging and something I want to play.

12. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Looks like this game and an iPad are a match made in heaven. Will purchase as soon as it is out in the US.

13. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

I've only two things to say about "Hundreds:"

1. Don't judge it until you've seen gameplay to at least level 25 or so.

2. This game is evil.

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    HHHRRRRMMMMMmmmmm...me LIKE evil!

15. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    No icloud? Can someone test it? Can't get it to work here.

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Looking forward to getting this within the hour. There have been a few mentions of how excellent it is on the iPad; was wondering if anyone has tried it on the smaller screen and what their impressions were.

Wrong thread, I know, but Adam Atomic, are the different game modes for Canabalt still in the works? TA posted something about it a while ago but haven't seen much since.

Thanks in advance for any info.

17. Adam Atomic

Mar 18, 2009
    Indie Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    AsgerJ - it should work but it depends on when Apple's servers decide to pass that info through - sometimes it can take a few minutes!

Guise - I def prefer it on iPad, it was really designed for the iPad specifically, and honestly aeiowu art looks AMAZING on the iPad retina display, holy crap. I put in a lot of work to help make sure that it was reasonable on iPhone, but it's just not as much fun. Systemically it's basically the same game, its just you can't use the screen the same way, physically/spatially.

The different game modes (and iPhone5 support!) are very much still in the works for Canabalt, looking forward to getting back to work on that stuff now that Hundreds is out :)

18. kalel39

kalel39 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Sanuku's game play video sold this game for me.

Im always hesitant to drop $2.99> on any game because, to me, it depends on how much gameplay I think I'm gonna get for the money and how much fun its it looks to play.

Thanks for the gameplay video Sanuku!

19. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Too bad it doesn't work without Game Center. Mine has been broken for a while now, something on Apples server side. So this game doesn't go past the headphones dot.

20. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Sorry this is not a game by any means. If you use someone's definition of "failing" then you can call life a game too. That is not the case.

The definition of game, per a dictionary site is, "A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck."

Sorry again this app even fails that definition. So don't even call it a game. Sorry devs but even this definition make your app fail.

And yes I did play..already asked for a refund. Not worth even $0.99. Don't get this app unless it is free folks. Yes, I know the devs have spent time on it but if the idea/app is bad, the app is bad no matter what.

Lastly I have purchased quite a lot of apps, but this is the first one in 2 years where I have asked for a refund. Plus advertising something that the app is NOT is NOT the way to get money from people.