Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-19-2013, 12:04 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgoku123 View Post
It's amusing to see people getting irritated when their ipad2 is getting the axe which is basically just a few months younger device than ipod 4g. I can too say that "iPod 4 can run MC4 very well, but can't run a crappy triniti game? I don't think so!" but then people will start that argument about how old it is when ipad2 itself is almost as old ipod 4g is.Double standards everywhere,anyway none of it is aimed at any particular person.
I don't own an iPad two, and couldn't care less if iPad mini was cut off from the supported list. I was simply mentioning that it was stupid that gameloft games can be run on an iPad 2 (very well actually). Also, the iPad 2 is obviously more powerful, since it can support games like that. I'm not hating on the 4g, I had one and I loved it and would've kept it, but games just stopped supporting it.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:30 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

connection errors on startup screen today. yesterday was the only time i was able to play battles without it crashing every two seconds. now its not even connecting... the one game i wanted to play on my only day off this week.. i hope this is corrected soon!
Old 07-20-2013, 05:42 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by josith View Post
They do phase out devices FAR too quickly up here if you consider how long say, a console or a current-gen PC can stretch off into the years ahead. But for some reason apple is compelled to bring out a new model in less than a year each time.
This has nothing to do with Apple. It's the mobile phone market, which runs on 6 months cycles and always has all the way back to pre-smart phone days. To remain competitive, Apple has to play the game just like Samsung, Motorola, etc.

Remember, Apple devices are not dedicated gaming devices, and are subject to different market pressures. Even while a current-gen PC can stretch for several years, I'll bet you that you'd replace the video card at least once in that time. Such is the luxury of configurable hardware.

You're all entitled to your opinions, whether or not they are based on any real knowledge of the market or application development. I see your perspective as a consumer; you certainly don't care about all the garbage that goes on behind the scenes to get a game to market, you just want your games. I get it.

However, because you are on a forum in the first place you are slightly more educated about games than the average consumer. I'm simply providing context since you clearly have ideas of how things should be. I'm not trying to justify any developer's business decisions.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:38 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Regardless of the quibbles, I want a response from the dev as to when iPad 2 support will be added back in, along with updating the numerous bugs and connection issues that happen on and off, and cheats that have cropped up online. The game does have potential, but they need to get their arses on the ball and respond, and do something about it all. They came here long enough to self promote with an AppStore link, so they know the forum is here and they have access, so it seems dodgy to not be answering our problems, questions, and so on. It doesn't take long.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:43 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionnoirO View Post
Regardless of the quibbles, I want a response from the dev as to when iPad 2 support will be added back in, along with updating the numerous bugs and connection issues that happen on and off, and cheats that have cropped up online. The game does have potential, but they need to get their arses on the ball and respond, and do something about it all. They came here long enough to self promote with an AppStore link, so they know the forum is here and they have access, so it seems dodgy to not be answering our problems, questions, and so on. It doesn't take long.
ive submitted a complaint to them about the connection issues and bugs. so far i havent seen any cheating. i have ran across a dude decked out in all iap gear at a way lower level than me, and completley stomped me in a duel! the rank matching really needs work, the physics are terrible (i can mount a sentry turret in midair when jumping). also the jumping is wonky, as mentioned before: no geometry really in the game. getting kills through a wall, boulder, or box is really dumb seeing as this would be a great cover shooter!
Old 07-24-2013, 02:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Well, considering they won't respond to support tickets or emails, won't respond to the forum here, and have locked their own CoM: Infinity forum, I don't feel so warm and fuzzy about them atm. And to think, I have money I wanted to drop on IAP gear. Screw that now, as I'm not even sure it would be stored server side, so if I deleted the game and reinstalled, I would lose everything I gained and purchased, especially since I have to use a cracked copy just to play the damn game. Sigh.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:16 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

yep i still havent heard back from them either.. i really wanted to support this game, as it is still pretty fun. but i wont pay for anything until they fix all the damn bugs, raise the level cap past 21, and add more content... ive been using tapjoy to gain crystals as after hitting the level cap, you cant gain anymore 5x tCrystals or anymore talent points. which is dumb, ive already had to respec my talents once because of this. ive been getting on average 35-56 tCrystals daily thru tapjoy
Old 07-24-2013, 06:52 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I can't even find CoM: Infinity on TapJoy And the in game link won't work for me... how did you do it?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:04 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionnoirO View Post
I can't even find CoM: Infinity on TapJoy And the in game link won't work for me... how did you do it?
thats really odd... i have tapjoy.com added to my homescreen thru safari. it automatically adds games that you have installed on your device. i know the in game free crystals link to tapjoy doesnt really work. try adding it thru safari
Old 08-13-2013, 10:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgoku123 View Post
Yeah I'm stupid but guess who's not making any sense.
He is kinda right, the iPod Touch 4G has a lot slower SOC and half the RAM of the iPad 2/4S along with running a retina display. Both are just as old. Apple probably want to get rid of the iPad 2 since it doesn't have a retina display.