Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-26-2013, 02:42 PM

Much as I like the concept, I want an answer on the subtitles thing as well. If it is fully subtitled, I will buy it.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:54 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Hi guys!

@Vendince: the game is fully subtitled, if a scene doesn't have subtitles it's because there is no voice audio..just music

@verlaine: great performance!! We are glad you love the arts and music. About difficulty, we tried to create a game that is interesting both for gamers that are "new" to adventure genre and for people that used to play this kind of games. So yes, the game isn't too hard but Dream Chamber can be challenging also for experienced gamers like you... maybe you can find new details like...different game endings! And yes it is intentional that it is not required to win some battles. However, this will change the story...
Old 10-26-2013, 04:41 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWave_Games View Post
Hi guys!

@Vendince: the game is fully subtitled, if a scene doesn't have subtitles it's because there is no voice audio..just music

@verlaine: great performance!! We are glad you love the arts and music. About difficulty, we tried to create a game that is interesting both for gamers that are "new" to adventure genre and for people that used to play this kind of games. So yes, the game isn't too hard but Dream Chamber can be challenging also for experienced gamers like you... maybe you can find new details like...different game endings! And yes it is intentional that it is not required to win some battles. However, this will change the story...
That's awesome I didn't know anything about the different game endings--but it sounds like whether or not I 'win' some battles affects the ultimate outcome. Sure wish I could use a 'restart' button for battles, though. Is the Dream Chamber is first in a series of episodic games--or is there a 'real' conclusive ending?

I thought the puzzles were just fine I've been playing Sierra and LucasArts games since childhood--so I guess I'm an adventure game veteran! The Dream Chamber is a good change of pace.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:50 PM

Ooh, thanks, that means instabuy. I love adventure games.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:48 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

It's the first episode
Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I really like the look and concept of the game, BUT! My main problem with episodic games is are there any guarantee that it will continue? I hate it when I got only part of a whole story.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:04 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I finished the game twice, just to see the two different endings (are there more?). I liked the "talk to the subconscious" concept, but it seemed more like an in-game hint system rather than a specific mechanic. The "identify items only when you dream" mechanic was cute, but often used without hints that was what you needed to be doing. You only figured that out when you had exhausted other possibilities (like visiting locations or talking to everyone).

I ran into a game-breaking bug: when I visited the speakeasy, I spoke with the boss, first, before finding the coded note pieces, then went back later to speak with him again and the game froze upon entering the bar and crashed.

There's NO AUTO-SAVE!! So if the game crashes, it's back to the beginning or your last MANUALLY SAVED position. I can't emphasize this enough! It bit me pretty bad with that bar-freezing-crashing sequence, and I had to replay two hours of the game because I hadn't bothered saving lately and the only load point was from way back when I did.

You CANNOT skip the mini-games! This is a PITA, especially during the follow-the-spy sequence. You have to keep playing and playing until you win it.

The verbal "fight" sequences are pretty dumb. If you view it like Siege Heroes, then you may "get" it and win, but it seems pretty random.

The plot is good, however, and the game is worth playing imho. I enjoyed the 20's atmosphere, and the graphics were very nicely done. Some locations seemed one-offs though (like the precinct) and I would've like to see more use of certain other characters (like the interactions with his father).

There's a LOT of in-game dialog for clicking on items. Multiple joke references, for example. Almost all of it unnecessary and only serves to make the game longer. It was cute but not crucial to the plot.

I didn't find the game's ending to be too abrupt, but don't expect a "solution". While some criminals got nabbed, it's obvious that the plot continues and you still have no idea as to the overarching plot. Yes, it ends on a cliffhanger, but not one that screams at you with "to be continued" and nothing to show for your efforts.

So good game, not great, but definitely a fun short ride. Expect a good amount of "Benoit Sokol" type back-forth running around puzzle solutions. You know the type: spot lighter in one location, but get tool to open cabinet where it's kept in a completely different location, and hint that you need it in a third location, go back and get the lighter then use it in a fourth location, to get the answer to a puzzle to get into a room in a fifth location, to.. etc., etc.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:42 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

We are glad you enjoyed the game, it’s our first attempt in the adventure genre so we really appreciate that. If you liked the plot, check out this post where our game designer talks about the “noir” settings: http://bit.ly/1hEi3oa

Concerning the autosave, we are waiting for Apple approval of our next update that will fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience!
We are now looking into the “bar” bug, it seems that it happens randomly.