Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 02:18 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Finally got around to playing the game and I just finished level 5 (and also finished level 2 on 2nd difficulty).

Quick question, is level 5 intended to be easier than level 4?

Anyway, on to my opinion:
Overall it's a decent strategy game, though I wish there's more variety/depth to the strategical aspect of the gameplay. So far my strategy is to just keep spamming and leveling up the melee and ranged unit and it's been working wonderful. I don't even know if a strategy based on using magic would even be viable.

And also another question, does the enemy only use their flying unit if we unlock/use the flying unit too? Because I only use the flyer on level 3 and that's the only time the enemy use that unit.

And speaking of the flying unit, I will just say that they are the most unique type of unit so far in the game. And because of that, they needed a totally different approach, making the game more "deep". Too bad I didn't see more of them =/

Okay, time to list some bullet points!
What I liked:
> The transition between scene is cool, I like it and it gives a nice first impression too =3
> I really liked how the path/map is branching, it adds more decision making to the game =D
> The progression/difficulty ramping is really nice to, I learn something new every level
> I quite liked that each level has multiple difficulty, it adds to the game replayability.

What I think is problematic:
> There should be some sort of indicator when a button is pressed. Right now, the buttons only changes/animates AFTER we release the touch, which means we don't know if our initial press hits the button or no.
> And my first point leads to my confusion when I first tried to use the magic. I don't really read the tutorial () , so when I tried to press the magic button and it does nothing, I'm confused on how to use that magic stuff.
> I don't think there's any clue/hint/tutorial that the upgrade menu exists. Seems like a lot of people could miss that.
> And when I tried the upgrade menu for the first time, I don't know that the 4th upgrade bar is for the flying unit, since I haven't encountered that unit yet. So at first I thought it was a general upgrade for all units, until I finally met the fliers. I'm just glad there's a reset upgrade button.
> The unit behavior seems inconsistent. For example, when they're attacking enemy base/dam and encounter an enemy unit, should they switch target or keep attacking the base? Sometimes I see them keep attacking, another time I see them changing to attack the enemy units instead =/

Whoa, that's kinda long. And sorry for nitpicking so much >.<

Last edited by LegACy99; 01-20-2014 at 02:21 PM..
Old 01-21-2014, 02:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegACy99 View Post
Finally got around to playing the game and I just finished level 5 (and also finished level 2 on 2nd difficulty).

Quick question, is level 5 intended to be easier than level 4?

Anyway, on to my opinion:
Overall it's a decent strategy game, though I wish there's more variety/depth to the strategical aspect of the gameplay. So far my strategy is to just keep spamming and leveling up the melee and ranged unit and it's been working wonderful. I don't even know if a strategy based on using magic would even be viable.

And also another question, does the enemy only use their flying unit if we unlock/use the flying unit too? Because I only use the flyer on level 3 and that's the only time the enemy use that unit.

And speaking of the flying unit, I will just say that they are the most unique type of unit so far in the game. And because of that, they needed a totally different approach, making the game more "deep". Too bad I didn't see more of them =/

Okay, time to list some bullet points!
What I liked:
> The transition between scene is cool, I like it and it gives a nice first impression too =3
> I really liked how the path/map is branching, it adds more decision making to the game =D
> The progression/difficulty ramping is really nice to, I learn something new every level
> I quite liked that each level has multiple difficulty, it adds to the game replayability.

What I think is problematic:
> There should be some sort of indicator when a button is pressed. Right now, the buttons only changes/animates AFTER we release the touch, which means we don't know if our initial press hits the button or no.
> And my first point leads to my confusion when I first tried to use the magic. I don't really read the tutorial () , so when I tried to press the magic button and it does nothing, I'm confused on how to use that magic stuff.
> I don't think there's any clue/hint/tutorial that the upgrade menu exists. Seems like a lot of people could miss that.
> And when I tried the upgrade menu for the first time, I don't know that the 4th upgrade bar is for the flying unit, since I haven't encountered that unit yet. So at first I thought it was a general upgrade for all units, until I finally met the fliers. I'm just glad there's a reset upgrade button.
> The unit behavior seems inconsistent. For example, when they're attacking enemy base/dam and encounter an enemy unit, should they switch target or keep attacking the base? Sometimes I see them keep attacking, another time I see them changing to attack the enemy units instead =/

Whoa, that's kinda long. And sorry for nitpicking so much >.<
Thank you VERY much for the in-depth feedback LegACy. We appreciate it a whole bunch, especially the nitpicking Now on to your questions.

Level 5 is not intended to be easier than level 4. If you found it easier, I hope it is because you got better at the game or found a perfect strategy quicker.

Multiple strategies are viable on normal difficulty, but as the difficulty ramps up, there are probably fewer and fewer ways to win. A strategy based purely on magic is probably not viable, as most magic spells excel with multiple squirrel targets.

In some maps, the AI will use flying squirrels even if you haven't unlocked them. Hopefully, you will see more of them in the later levels when it becomes a staple in his arsenal

Your UI feedback is particularly useful to us! We are adding those UI concerns to the drawing board of the next patch. It would be nice if there was no confusion when it comes to these things.

The unit behavior can appear inconsistent, but they are meant to keep attacking a target until they or their target dies. If it looks like they switch targets, it could be because multiple squirrels are stacked up and some of them joined the stack a bit later. The latecomers will shoot at whatever is closest.

Thanks again for all your feedback. It's gold!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

It would appear that a release thread has been made. See you all over there! Oh and by the way.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Closed Thread