Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-01-2013, 01:09 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
So is that what cost the game an extra point? Now I've seen this in reviews for other high difficulty games as well, why is precision/high/hardcore difficulty considered a con or negative by some reviewers? I never understood that. Is IOS gaming still considered predominantly "casual"?
In fairness, they were specific rather than just saying it's hard. There was a segment late in the game where figuring out how to get through it became too cryptic to do logically. I probably spent more time on that one point than I did on the rest of the game up to that point and that really sapped my enjoyment even though I am usually a top 5% scorer in most games. I do think that's an unreasonably high demand for precision. Also, there's already a system in place to rank players ranging from great to bad provided everyone beats the game somehow so it's not like it couldn't have been better if they nixed a few tricky spots. Casual isn't really the same thing as easy either. Casual games are gateway games that non-gamers can derive some enjoyment from, some are easy, some are hard.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:28 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Any update on iCloud support? I've finally managed to get gold on 3-5, thus making this the official first game I own on iOS that I've completed to 100%. Of course I wouldn't mind taking on the challenge again on my iPad, but you know...
That's awesome, nice job!

I'll be honest - school just started back up for me and I haven't had time to add anything new to the game yet.

I'm thinking I'll implement this like a "backup" system. i.e. you'd go to the options menu to upload your current game to the cloud, then you could download it to your other devices. KT is constantly saving (to prevent exploitations), so it'd get really complicated keeping everything in sync.

Think this'd be okay?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:40 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hey all, Kid Tripp is free this weekend! Have fun.

Last edited by pixelpowa; 10-04-2013 at 11:38 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 08:27 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I am very late to the party, but I must say, this has absolutely become my new addiction! I was a little worried about the screenshots, but they definitely don't do the game justice, the graphics are gorgeously crisp pixel art, but for some reason it looks a bit.. Texture-ish in the screenshots.

I had previously completed super splatform and was looking for new twitchy platformers, and this is the only one that has hit the spot.

I will be adding this dev to my favourite sellers list, he is clearly a genius and creating these types of fast paced rage games.. I have only seen it be pulled off correctly in a very small amount of cases. It really is hit or miss, too much rage isn't good, and turns the player off, but this is JUST PERFECT!

I'd love to see this dev create a bouncing style game, like S.S and beans quest, they seem to be all the rage these days. I reckon they will take off very soon! Can't wait to see more of them in the AppStore, I absolutely adore them and they are really quite spare at the moment unfortunately.

Last edited by Snozberry; 01-30-2014 at 08:29 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 09:29 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Kid Tripp World 1

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Andy C83; 01-31-2014 at 04:16 AM..
Old 01-31-2014, 04:17 AM

Kid Tripp World 2

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-31-2014, 04:52 AM

Are the videos educational or to show off your divine skills ? 😃😃

Just kidding ;-) . Keep em. coming !
Old 01-31-2014, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breinstein View Post
Are the videos educational or to show off your divine skills ? 😃😃

Just kidding ;-) . Keep em. coming !
Both!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:11 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Only 4 levels left til I've completed the game. 😿.. It's so brilliant, but quite short.. I really hope the dev is working on a sequel or atleast a level pack, paid or free, I don't care, just gimme MOARRR please. *gobble gobble gobble*